Sign in to follow this  
Guest NightShadow

sunset colors

Guest NightShadow

how do i get orange sunsets or sunrises in the game? its always blue. even during evenings and early morning

There are some good freeware programs that will give you nicer skies. Check the file section.There are also payware programs, like Flight Environment, about $25, which I just bought, which give gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, as well as magnificient clouds and sky colours.

Guest NightShadow

thanks mister canada. i thought it was a default thing. to get nice skies i mean.

Guest Phantoms

Are you running with maxed graphics sliders, or do you have some tuned down?

buy flight environment (from flight1) or download from the library real environment pro.

Guest NightShadow

I've maxxed everything out. But still blue blue blue.Anyway, i downloaded that one addon which was a compilation of other sky addons and then all was swell. A sunset feels like a sunset now.

Guest AOA

HiThere is also a nice file in the Avsim library that spruces up sunrises/sets very nicely.dwndsk04.zipAuthor is Thomas GrilloI like it very much.Pete

It's a good idea to make a backup of your original sky textures too, as some of the freeware packages can be a bit too saturated in colour for people's tastes.I'd also put in a vote for Flight Environment. Excellent program!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest kurtj

I am not sure if this falls in this subject or not, but I always liked the golden yellow effect on the aircraft before dusk. In fs2002, you got it starting around 3:45-4:00pm around Socal, In Fs9 it seems to be around 4:15-4:30pm which the sim seems darker than in real life to have this effect. Is there a way to get this into fs9? Any info would be great.Thank You,Kurt

As I understand it the sunset lighting colour is derived from the predominant colour in the sunset texture itself.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg