Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Another Outstanding FS9 Freeware (Regional Jet) Release

Projekt Panel EMB 170/175, Vol. 2 downloadable via avsim's file library. Together with the freeware dreamwings model, a great combo. Links:Model:http://dreamwingsdesign.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19Panel:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=94538Panel comes with an excellent 34 page flight tutorial. The panel even includes a rudimentary fms, whose functions will be further developed in subsequent additions. An English translation is in the works. Forum:http://forum.va-interair.de/board.php?boar...63cb4678eb40636Ricardo

Guest blaster331

Thank you for the links and the heads up on this little beauty.Downloading nowBest regardsAndrew

Thank you Ricardo.An excellent panel that has that elusive immersion factor.Great visuals and flight dynamics from Dreamfleet too.The panel is still being developed, so we can expect even more improvements.

John

A very nice looking panel. I figured out most of the basics, but does anyone have a tip on how to change the radio frequencies?Dale

Dale

Dale,Each radio has 2 buttons.The upper one switches between active and standby frequencies.The one below highlights the standby frequency for editing.By trial and error (chance?) I found that to enter say 109.9, type in 109.900 (yes 2 zeros).The extra zero at the end acts as an "enter" key. Not sure this is the correct way to do it but it works.We'll find out when the English manual is released.:-)

John

>By trial and error (chance?) I found that to enter say 109.9, type >in 109.900 (yes 2 zeros).Wow! Thanks, John - I would have never figured that one out!Dale

Dale

Guest Bill Hinton

Dale,A quick and easy way to change the frequency of any of the Radios and/or enter information for the Autopilot is to use the Cockpit Commander utility by Glenn Copeland. Get it from the Avsim File Library. The file name is cpitcmdr.zip.Bill

Just did a few around the pattern with this plane; it really is quite impressive for freeware. My major problem with the new panel is that it may too good! They have gone to such lengths to model all the systems that for my computer this plane is a real frame killer. Granted I don't have a top of the line computer (P4 3.0), but I do get 20+ fps with such planes as the PMDG 737 and the DA Cheyenne in all conditions. With this plane I can't break 15 fps in clear weather. Shifting views causes noticeable stutters. I also noticed, even with the updated FDE, some pitch instability with full flaps. I note the MOI's seem a bit off so maybe that could be adjusted. I do really like the quality, but maybe the coding could be made a bit leaner so it would run better on lower systems. For those with more computer power, this is probably a great plane. Mike

> My major problem with the new panel is that it may too good! They have gone to such lengths to model all the systems that for my computer this plane is a real frame killer. MikeMike.Not so sure it's the cockpit that's resource hungry.I too had a bit of a frame rate hit, but I put it down to the textures.Converted them to DXT3 and it's much smoother now.

John

Hmm... that would explain the long loading times. How do you do such a conversion?? Is there a utility out there that does that? Any help appreciated. Mike

John, You were right! Did a Google and found a DXT converter. Converted the textures and WHAM! I'm at my locked value of fps with 90% UT traffic and clear weather. BTW, I also changed the MOI's and the plane flies much more stable with full flaps on approach. I used Tom Goodrick's formulas which he got from a Univ. Kansas aeronautical prof. IF anyone cares: I roll = 270972 I pitch = 868551 I yaw = 1078917Very different from the original values, but do seem to work fine. Mike

Ricardo, Thanks for posting this..I was just surfing AVSIM and saw your post--The post sent me to the 170 at DW, which I installed--and liked it so much I got the panel you suggest.. . Both are realy, really fine.. The plane looks so smooth, alive and sensual...and the panel is.. quite unique...making it a welcome change from the usual...What a great surprise for a quiet Sat night :-) (no gig tonight)Thanks again...

>Ricardo, Thanks for posting this..>I was just surfing AVSIM and saw your post--The post sent me>to the 170 at DW, which I installed--and liked it so much I>got the panel you suggest.. . Both are realy, really fine..>The plane looks so smooth, alive and sensual...and the panel>is.. quite unique...making it a welcome change from the>usual...What a great surprise for a quiet Sat night :-) (no>gig tonight)>>Thanks again...Glad you like it. Might want to post a "thank you" in their forum (linked above). It's always good to encourage talented freeware developers, so they, well, develop more and better freeware. ricardo

>> John,>> You were right! Did a Google and found a DXT converter.>Converted the textures and WHAM! I'm at my locked value of fps>with 90% UT traffic and clear weather.>> BTW, I also changed the MOI's and the plane flies much>more stable with full flaps on approach. I used Tom Goodrick's>formulas which he got from a Univ. Kansas aeronautical prof. >IF anyone cares:>> I roll = 270972> I pitch = 868551> I yaw = 1078917>>Very different from the original values, but do seem to work>fine.>>> Mike>Mike, according to the EMB pilot who contributed to the development of this panel, the EMB 170 is not flown with full flaps during approach. Flaps 5 is the preferred approach flaps setting. ricardo