Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmaan89

Aircraft like Cirrus SR22

Guest rmaan89

Hi all,I have been using Eaglesoft's SR22 for quite some time now, its a wonderful aircraft and I love flying it. However I am now looking for another GA aircraft of the same quality etc that I can use in FS9 (or FSX). A multi engine aircraft or something with a GPS suite or glass panels would also be really interesting. But the problem I find is finding decent GA aircraft that can live up to the quality of Eaglesoft's SR22.Any body have any idea where I could find such an aircaft?Any help would be appreciate!Thanks :)Arman

Guest Roadkill

I've learned that I prefer the old steam gauges myself, but if the glass panel is to your taste I can recommend the Australian Simulation Glasair III. It's still single-engine, but very fast and fun.

I'm on the verge of buying one of the other Eaglesoft GA aircraft, especially with the generous discount on offer at the moment, otherwise the Baron 58 from here, http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/ or the Flight1 Commander. The other option is to get Reality XP gauges and fit them to other aircraft using the panel cfgs available from their community page or DIY. Carenado and FSD aircraft are great with these gauges.Or else the Aeroworx B200 which is a masterpiece in itself but again works well with Reality XP. Lastly the Flight1 Meridian has great avionics although it looks a bit dated now.JohnNearly forgot, how could I? Perhaps the best of the lot, the Piper PA-31 'Cheyenne' from Digital-Aviation.

I have had the Cirrus since it first hit market and it is one of my favorite GAs. Another GA that I enjoy is the Flight1 Rockwell Commander 112A. It also has the the Glass panel options of the Cirrus, but not to the same detail. Not sure if Flight1 plans to update the aircraft to FSX.Tom

Have you considered the ES Columbia 400?Just flew it last evening....215+ KTAS @ 25,000 ft.If you want performance and glass cockpit, you can't beat it.I have the Bonanza as well, and it a very nice aircraft. You can't go wrong with that.Not sure if performance is an issue, but you will find very few 'good' glass cockpits out there. I go back and forth between my glass ES stuff, the good ol'Carenado Cessna's, my RealAir Scout, etc etc. Sometimes the 'old fashioned gauges' are my preference, sometimes not. The luxury of flight sim vs. real life ;)

Go check out DreamFleet's website. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest rmaan89

Hi guys,Thanks for all the great information :) It really is appreciated. The Columbia 400 seems really similar to the SR22 and SR20, same avionics packages and the S-TEC autopilot etc, it is great in terms of performance as it outperforms the SR22 but its a bit all to similar for me lol. But I think I may get it regardless because of the great x-mas deals they have now!I shall also be getting the beechcraft Baron 58 (a little more complex than the Coumbia lol but it seems amazing!) and I think also the Flight1 Commander 122A, its simple but it should be interesting to try it out.Thanks again guys, feel free to make additions, my x-mas list still ain't complete ;)Arman

Good deal. You will find that the Columbia and Cirrus 'seem similar', but in reality are actually quite different. I have the Columbia, Cirrus SR22, and SR20. All get flown per my 'flying desires/needs for any particular trip. Throw the ES Liberty in there and you have something else all together.Again, they are each different, and I'm glad I have each, just as I'm glad I have the Carenado Cessna's 206, 182RG, 182Q, and Flight One 172.In addition to the Carenado Piper 180 and Dakota.........and the RealAir Scout...and..... ;)

Guest rmaan89

Yeah they are simialr but at the same time quite different. I tried te Liberty Aerospace XL2 yesterday, same avionics suite apart from the entegra system but it is a very enjoyable little aircraft to fly! Although I would probably only use the XL2 for circuits or something small ;)I shall take a look at the Carenado.Thanks again :) Anymore ideas are apprecaited ;)

Is the Digital-Aviation Cheyenne the same one released by Aerosoft? I went to the Digital-Aviation site but did not see where to purchase from there. Thanks,Scott