Sign in to follow this  
Guest PARADISE

ULTIMATE TRAFFIC QUESTION

Guest PARADISE

I posted this question on the TTools for MSFS forum, but there is not too much traffic there. So if I may...Is it possible when using an Ultimate Traffic Time Table flight to become that flight and replace the AI flight? For example, if I wanted to fly UAL flight# 947,which departs KIAD for KLAX at 17:45, can I delete the AI flight so that I can become that flight, leave at the scheduled time and not have two flights in the air with the same call sign and destination?I know I can always change the flight # or leave at a different time, but I've always wondered if I could replace the AI flight.Thanks in advance for any repliesJohn M

Hi John,Yes, of course you can. There are two other ways I can think of right now:1. If you install the SDK TrafficToolBox, you can open the traffic explorer window in the sim and simply DELETE the flight and manually do what 'he' would have done, flying the same route with the same flight number. Just file a flight plan so that you will have all the ATC support and control. This method does not require any editing and the flight will be there if you DON'T choose to delete it.1A. You may also HIJACK the AI, keep the same craft in existance, but fly it yourself. Don't know if the communication part would still be there; try it and find out... but AI 'disappear' when they get too far from you, so how would you stay close enough for the AI to stay 'real'? ( put 'your' plane on autopilot somewhere not too far away...)2. Intall the Traffic View Board and "Latch On" to that flight so that you "ARE" the AI flight - only you don't fly it, just observe it as IF it were you, listening in on all the comms as you go.Try 'em out and check back after you find the method that works best for you.Loyd

Guest PARADISE

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded TTools and am presently reading through the documents. Looks like it's exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks again.John M

You might find the flight, if it still exists, on www.flightaware.com and get the flight plan for creating your own flight. You then paste it into a flight planner or manually set the waypoints.This will give the navigation guidance you will need and ATC control.Follow the other suggestions if you wish to delete the AI Flight. Personally I think that part is extra work so I just fly at a different time.