Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

To FPSFREAK - ref...FS2002 and SBAudigy2 sound probs.

hi Bobby, thanks for the kind words on the new sys. yes, i do shut down AV and screen saver b4 running FS. i am aware of the new bios at the Asus site. the reason i haven't tried it yet was after reading the info. displayed in the "more info". window for the 1009 version update it was my guess that the bios fixes didn't offer much if anything in the way of fixing any soundcard related issues. also, updating the Asus bios looks to be a bit complicated compared to the Intel "express bios" with the previous system. i was using the latest drivers but not with the newer bios. if you have time to give some detailed instructions on updating the Asus bios i will give it a try. also, i went into device mgr. and could not find the processes/realtime tweak you mentioned in your first reply. are you using the ntfs or fat32 file system just out of curiosity?thanks in advance for your help. happy flyin, fm

Guest FPSFREAK

No he's running the P4T533 Asus.FM,As far as updating the bios you have two ways of doing this. Being a little "old school" I usually perform my bios updates from dos using a dos boot disc. You would download the new bios to your computer. Insert a floppy disc and extract the bios to the floppy. Along w the bios you will need to download the bios flashing utility also and extract that to the floppy also. Once you have done this you would reboot the machine to dos. My way is by way of a 98SE boot disc. If you dont have one you can head over to WWW.Bootdisc.com. They are a great site. Once you have booted to dos it's a matter of running the bios update utility from the floppy you created. Remember, and this is very important. Do not turn off, unplug or reset the machine while you are flashing the bios. If the machine should hang you can reset at that point. once the bios has been flashed, follow the instructions onscreen and you should be good to go.The other way is via the bios flashing utility that should be on the installation cd that came with the MB. Install it from the disc and follow the onscreen instructions. From what I understand it's a very simple foolproof way of updating. I believe ASUS has it available for download from there site.As far as the tweak goes....Fire up flight Sim. When it has started, minimize the splash screen and open up Task manager. Look for Flight sim under proccesses in the tab in Task manager. Highlight the program and right click. You will see an option called Set Priority. Under that will be several choices. Click on realtime, choose yes at the confirmation/warning box and close out Task manager. Open up flight sim and you should see a difference. Especially good on my machine, or any machine with 512 or more of memory. Let me know how you make out..Bobby@-@

Rick,just in case the new bios doesn't fix the sound probs. r u using the fat32 or ntfs file system? just trying to narrow down the possibilities b4 making the final decision to do the dreaded format and try again with a clean start. thanks again for the help. happy flyin, fm

Bobby,the new bios(1009)didn't fix the sound probs. in FS. do you have any other suggestions? my apologies for the typo(Rick)in previous post.btw, are you using the NTFS or FAT32 file system? happy flyin, fm