Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Best traffic program

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, Ive got FS9 running amazingly like butter smooth! Ive just took it slow and done it little but at a time. And active camera's head latency effects are superb!Anyways, whats the best traffic program for fs9? for ease of use, frame rates etc...I would love to see some thomas cook flights heading out of my home airport EGNT Newcastle ThanksIan

Give GA-Traffic a try. Other than that, I can't help much with traffic as I have done all my own custom traffic. I'm interested in what your system specs are and what exactly you tweaked. Can you share this info please? I am in search of "butter smooth" myself.dolph

Guest ianrivaldosmith

ThanksMy system specs are:-AMD AM2 dual core athlon 3800x21gig DDRII 667mhz RAMX1600XT 256mb GDDRIII 80gig SATA II 7200 rmp 16meg cacheJust added this to display section of fs9,cfg(DISPLAY)UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=22TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120TextureMaxLoad=8works a treat, especiall with UT europe installed and ge pro!Ian

I've never owned an AMD nor am I familiar with the different families. How does yours compare to my Intel I wonder? Anyway, you have twice+ the graphics card I have I think. This is agreeing with my guess that my graphics card is choking my system Ack Ack.dolph

Ian, the sites mentioned here are very good. It depends on what it is you are after. I don't know what Thomas Cook flights are. GA-Traffic can make a AI bird out of pretty much any addon you can get, and it can make the textures where they are not a big hit on your framerate. I used GA-Traffic to make all my military planes "downsized" then used TTool to generate my flights from a flightplan manually. That's because GA-Traffic will only generate AI up to a certain aircraft weight, the big birds need more work from you. I have to admit it is a work in progress as I have 900+ CONUS mil flights and am still tweaking. Things like the times are a bit off but for the most part, the military bases are "alive" now and that's what I was after.

Guest PARADISE

I checked my Ultimate Traffic airline time tables and didn't see ThomasCook Airlines listed. This is probably because they are a charter airline, not a scheduled air carrier. I don't know if My Traffic has them on their software. Best bet is to see if you can acquire one of their aircraft in the AI traffic files here in Avsim and create your own flight plans.John M

Where do you fly most of the time? There are some freeware packages, but only for some specific regions. I use one that has a lot of traffic for Colombia, Venezuela, Panam

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Guest Rob Hirst

I can confirm that the World of ai packages are an excellent addition. I believe I have a copy of there Thompson packaging installed myself. Problem is once you start adding AI traffic, you just can't stop!I myself have a question though. After installing all these packages / aircraft they appear in the drop down menu for user aircraft. How can I stop them appearing here?Regards

No package is perfect out of the box, unless you're not that interested in the amount, realism, and framerate friendliness of your AI traffic.If you are interested in all of the above, you'll be spending an insane amount of time on perfecting AI. Substituting models and addings paints. Adding flightplans. Etc... Ultimate Traffic is the ideal backbone to do all that. The program itself is worth the money, IMHO. I love it.I guess it all depends on what you want. Athough, I wanted a set and forget package too, but here I am, years later, well versed in the world of AI. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I couldn't have done it without UT. :D

Mike...

>I can confirm that the World of ai packages are an excellent>addition. I believe I have a copy of there Thompson packaging>installed myself. Problem is once you start adding AI traffic,>you just can't stop!>>I myself have a question though. After installing all these>packages / aircraft they appear in the drop down menu for user>aircraft. How can I stop them appearing here?>>RegardsHi,Check out this link and get FS Aircraft Typer which will solve your problem.http://www.tradewind.org/TCA/website/store.htm Hope this helps.