Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

Real Air : good aircraft but gentlemanly support too

Guest Dominique

Let me share with you a good experience ! Positive vibes as we used to say...Reinstalling FS9, I discovered today that a saved copy of my Real Air SF 260 FS9 upgrade burnt on a DVD loooong ago was a dud. Within two hours on this Sunday afternoon, an email containing the specifics of my purchase got a very kind answer from Rob Young with a new link.These guys who were the first to introduce the silky smooth VC, spins and sideslipping in their aircraft have a gem of a support as well.Real Air you can't go wrong...Dominique

Great planes by great company. But I'm looking forward to their Duke,but I won't be seeing it because of the ill fated decision to publish it for FSX. Why the h*ll as so many people continue to use FS9. I for sure do not have the cash to upgrade tp a supercomputer to run FSX. But I do have some change to buy a good twin for FS9.FSD made a wise decision to publish for both sims :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

>Great planes by great company. But I'm looking forward to>their Duke,but I won't be seeing it because of the ill fated>decision to publish it for FSX. Why the h*ll as so many people>continue to use FS9. I for sure do not have the cash to>upgrade tp a supercomputer to run FSX. But I do have some>change to buy a good twin for FS9.>Somewhere along the line, you have to decide the route you want to pursue flight dynamics wise, which is a RealAir specialty. RealAir's intial success with MSFS was with FS2002. FS2004 changed the rules at the last second, and required a re-write along with some compromises. As it now turns out, the spins & slip capability of RealAir products, just happen to work better in FSX than they did in FS2004. But once again, it's with new programming, as the FS2004 versions lost that capability when transferred directly to FSX.Personally, I didn't buy anything close to a super computer this time around, and the added benefit, is that it runs FS9 about double speed of the old one, and with more options. It also runs FSX at a comfortable 25 fps for the type of simulated flying I enjoy. If the Duke is as frame rate friendly, as RealAir's past releases, then it should do great in FSX.If in fact, the Duke does better in FSX, then more power to it, as I would not care to program a completely different, and possibly a sub-standard version either. But that's me, as I don't have a lot of inside information regarding RealAir, so take it as my opinion only. I just happened to catch slip & spin comments the other day, on the FSX forum.L.AdamsonAthlon 64 3800+/2GIG/Geforce7600GS 256mb/1600*1200*32 res.

helloYou never mentioned AIRMASS , your slipping :-) pun intended

Their support is undoubtably amoung the best around, if not the best. I experienced it today as a matter of fact, and even purchased the spit today as a thank you to Rob and the staff there. As said above.. great planes and great people. Can't wait for the spitfire to arrive in the ol'email box. Scott

Guest Typhoon

I've had the exact same experience - my backup of the SF260 was a dud, I didn't have access to the email address I'd used to order it with etc; a short email to Rob provided a link to the installer in very short order.Realair are pretty much faultless.Paul.