Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Freeware CYBW (Calgary Springbank) Progress shots...

Guest abent

I've posted some shots in the SS forum if anyone is interested.Adam

Guest velocitized77

i've always been a fan of your sceneries, i plan on donating soon to unlock CYYC! I have a request, would you one day be able to do an updated CYYT?

Guest abent

Thanks guys!Rob, we're looking at the first week of January - fingers crossed!velocitized77, CYYT is the domain of the Mosher Brothers. I don't think they have any plans of updating that in the near future. I can ask Steve to post here in this thread and explain their intentions.Thanks,Adam

Guest Mike_Luchia

CYYC is donationware, and well worth it in my opinion. :)

Springbank looks good! I haven't flown in or out of there for about nine years, but that looks just like I remember it. And I just got the CYYC scenery last weekend, which is terrific. Great job, Adam and crew.John G.

John G.

so whats a donationware and a freeware?I guess with donationware you gotta donate a min amount to use it...?I dunno it said freeware up on top so :(

Guest Mike_Luchia

>so whats a donationware and a freeware?>>I guess with donationware you gotta donate a min amount to use>it...?>>I dunno it said freeware up on top so :(The Springbank they are developing will be freeware, the Calgary CYYC they have already made is donationware, and as I said, well worth it. To keep getting quality scenery like this, it is nice to support the developers.

Guest abent

Thanks very much guys. And yes, Mike's explanation is correct. CYYC (Calgary International) is 'donationware'. I'm going to explain our donationware concept here as I know some people are wondering what this 'donationware is and why we ask for support:Every once in a while we make a donationware scenery to raise some funds. This money is used to help cover costs associated with collecting information on airports. For example, it cost me about $600.00 to go and stay in PEI when we did Charlottetown. Other New Brunswick airports probably added up to at least another $500.00 and more for the Northern Manitoba airports. These are costs that come directly out of pocket.A fact that may interest some: About 5% of the people that downloaded the CYYC demo made a donation.Thanks,Adam