Sign in to follow this  
scootersm

Lost Real World WX

For some reason my FS9 does not download real world WX anymore. I up dated my internet connection from SBC to AT&T could this be in the security thing. It says check my connection or settings. Any help would be nice.Scot

Guest mtlmtl

seems like it has been down for a few days now, check the recent posts for more info.Matt

bad wind storm thurs. 12/14 and fri. 12/15. now freezing temps sun. 12/17 (with no power this is a problem) has hit the seattle area. see this news report for details -http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061217/ap_on_...northwest_storm--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest Joe D

So this is why FS9 default weather doesnt work?...I didnt know the servers were in Seattle,hmmmzzzz...ya figure they (Microsoft) would know about redundancy...oh well...

Guest PARADISE

I'm sure that the local power companies have asked those customers that do have power to curtail all nonessential usage of electricity to prevent power surges when the power grid comes back on line. Having gone through the aftermaths of several hurricanes here on the east coast I know that this could take a while.John M

i do agree that MS should have a better backup plan (like servers around the globe so one area's issue doesn't knock out an entire network).funny thing ... MS's home www site works. it shows one where the support of the FS community sits in MS's decision making.the weather server went down last year for what seemed like a week (i'm unsure how long it actually was as it was a year ago).i have power after being w/out for 28 hours, i feel for my friends and family still without power for going on four days. in the big picture FSing inconvienance ain't as important as real world people experiencing a challenge.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest PARADISE

I agree with all you say. I always thought that Real World Wx uses the Jepessen weather servers. If so, aren't they based in Colorado?John M

i had thought that a few years ago. but failures with FS weather have always been handled by MS, not jeppesen. i belive jeppesen provides the data feed to MS, which is then made available to FS users through the fs2k.zone.com server. so yes, there becomes three possible challenges: jeppesen server crashes and/or jeppesen/MS data exchange crashes and/or fs2k.zone.com server crashes.note: jeppesen's servers are working ... have a look at their www site(s).--

Thanks for the help, I'm sure the site is down. I hope everyone is ok in the NW and gets back to normal soon.

Guest Joe D

is there a way to edit a file to direct FS9 to pull data straight from Jepp's servers?