Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Caution in selection options for new purchases:

Something that might be of interest to others is as follows:Capt. Sim just had a dandy 24 hour Christmas sale of their products. It may or may not have been extended, I did not check. I purchased the Base Package of the 757 and the Pro C130.In reading the manual for the 757, if I am interpreting correctly the FMC does not control the autopilot, therefore making it virtually useless in my book which is a big disapointment. Also, if I interpret correctly there are purchase options in addition to the base package that have this provision probably along with other desirable functions. I would respectfully suggest that one research all purchase options as carefully as possible before making your selection (Probably good for all sources, not just Capt. Sim).I don't know whether there is a way to download the manual before a purchase, but it might be advisable if it is available, although it would entail a dandy bit of reading.I am also having distortion and multiple panel bleedthrough display problems with both the 757 (FS9 and FSX) and the C130 which may well be no fault of Capt. Sim's planes at all. I never saw this with the old 727 at all. Looks like high temp on the GPU, but it is running in the mid-high 40's C. However, I see no sign of this problem with any other panel in either FS9 or FSX. If anyone has any input regarding a solution I sure would appreciate the help.Respectfully:RTH

In fairness to Captain Sim, the fact that the FMS doesn't at present interact with the autopilot and that a fully functional FMS will only be available as a future "block" release is tucked away on their website.Like you, I was attracted by the prospect of a sale as I'm desperate for a good 757 but this fact put me off together with the fact that by the time you have bought the base model and various additional blocks, even sale prices don't seem to be particularly good value for money compared to the lowest prices for PMDG and LDS models.e.g. PMDG 747

ngxu_banner.png

Hello Ailchim:What you say is very true. The "tucked away" bit leaves something to be desired, but I concur that it was equally my fault for not searching carefully.On top of that, the day I made the purchase, PSS put their 757 on the market with what I would assume would include all of the features of their 777. However, the price is three times that of the CS model, but may be well worth it (Don't remember whether it is applicable to both FS9 and FSX or not). We can only hope that "block F" will be competitive and at a competitive or even lower price. (Dream on huh).Thanks for the comments:RTH