Sign in to follow this  
Guest jkiess

Stutters/pauses when departure airport comes into view

Guest jkiess

Hey all,When i first installed FS9 (3 weeks ago), i never encountered this issue, but now it is happening all the time. The situation is this: i take off from any airport, climb a bit, circle back towards the departure airport, and right before the airport comes into view, i get stutters and/or a one second pause. This happens with ANY airport, whether it is out-of-the-box or an add-on enhanced airport, AND it happens with traffic turned off. AFAICT, it doesnt' happen with destination airports, just ones that i take off from and circle. Again, this did not always used to happen. Just started last week.Specs:FS9.1 installed1.8Ghz Intel Core DuoIntel chipset2 gigs of DDR2 PC5300 RAMRadeon Mobility X1600 (PCI-E) with 128 VRAMCatalyst 6.11 driversAs you can see, my system is well up to the task. I have FPS limited to 25 and of course, it happens if i set the FPS to unlimited. It is very strange considering it happens with stock airports as well. Any ideas much appreciated.jkiess

Guest jkiess

Thanks for the response, Scoob. Hmmm...the past week has been such a blur of tweaking and installing...you know the drill. I have a recent version of the Radeon drivers...i do think i upgraded to a more recent version of Tray Tools (ATI). I also began to overclock my graphics card to stable settings (tested for no artifacts). Installed the October version of DirectX 9.0c. Since then, i have not re-installed the Radeon drivers, as i did not know if it was necessary or not. It is so strange that FS9 only hiccups on departure airports, and stock ones at that. It has no problem displaying the rest of the scenery, just that one second pause before the airport enters the view out the windscreen. I do have Airport Environment 7 installed, with enhanced runways and taxiways. But then again, it has been installed for several weeks now. No hiccups taking off from a bush strip at Banff...

did you install the FS 9.1 update? this sounds like one of the problems that was addressed.scott s..

Guest PARADISE

>Thanks for the response, Scoob. Hmmm...the past week has been>such a blur of tweaking and installing...Hi JKiess,If you tweaked the fs9.CFG file, did you make a copy before doing so? If you did then go back to the original settings and see if it still occurs. If you installed or changed software try a restore point before the changes were made. Finally, as Scott says, make sure you have FS9.1 update installed.Does it happen with every airplane or just one particular model? Does it happen in all view modes,ie. spot view, 2D panel, etc.?I've never had this happen, unless there was a lot of AI traffic in the area I might get the stutters now and then, but you say it happens without traffic. Sorry couldn't be of more precise help.John M

i support those that say roll things back to a point where the problem didn't exist.i also support scott in staying your error seems like the FS9.1 patch isn't installed -- the memory leak in unpatched FS causes framerate slowing just like you are describing.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest jkiess

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, i have had system restore disabled. As for 9.1, i applied the patch the day i installed FS. A check of the .exe shows a version of 9.1.0.40901. The issue is happening with every aircraft.A real puzzler, eh?i just upgraded my chipset drivers. Will remove Radeon drivers, clean with Driver Cleaner and install latest drivers...