Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Very good freeware JU-52

I've been flying the little Bucker biplane, the DL right under the JU-52, and it's great. It's nicer than the $43 Aeroplane Heaven Tiger Moth and it's free. The VC on the Bucker is really great! A fantastic plane for sightseeing.This one is a keeper.

wow! these planes are FANTASTIC! too bad they don't have smooth VC gauges... I would have paid to buy these

Try the Tiger Moth demo at justflight.com. It's a really nice plane, but it's also $43. The Bucker might not have all the bells and whistles of the Tiger Moth, but I doubt the Tiger Moth has enough bells and whistels on it to make it worth $43 more than this great freeware. This is one of the reasons I question the price of add-ons (and invariably get criticized for doing so). How can this great plane be free and another just like it command a super-premium price?

>Try the Tiger Moth demo at justflight.com. It's a really nice>plane, but it's also $43. >>The Bucker might not have all the bells and whistles of the>Tiger Moth, but I doubt the Tiger Moth has enough bells and>whistels on it to make it worth $43 more than this great>freeware. >>This is one of the reasons I question the price of add-ons>(and invariably get criticized for doing so). How can this>great plane be free and another just like it command a>super-premium price?>you know thats a real good question...imagine the time dedicated to making that plane... and it wasnt a team that did that, maybe just 1 or two friends :(if it was me, I would at least charge 5 bux lol

Hi,For me, the value of a plane is based on how many hours I fly with it, not the actual purchase cost.That is how I see the value of a plane.And,...did I say that I just luuuuve the Tiger Moth by Aeroplane Heaven. ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

No doubt, the Tiger Moth is a great little plane. I've had some fantastic flights with the demo. I admit to being a bit biased here. I bought the Aeroplane Heaven Lancaster, also being sold at a super-premium $40+, and it was terrible. So now to see another AH plane with a super-premium price and then see a freeware that compares well to it, it does justify discussing the merit of charging/paying $43.In either case, glad you're enjoying your flights.

Guest PT-SLE

After 3 years from open this topic i look forward of PAINTKIT from O.Fischer JU52, this is availble to download in anywebsite?

After 3 years from open this topic i look forward of PAINTKIT from O.Fischer JU52, this is availble to download in anywebsite?
Oliver Fischer only sent the paintkit to people wh emailed him. Now tht his site is closed I guess this will no longer be possible.

Oliver Fischer only sent the paintkit to people wh emailed him. Now tht his site is closed I guess this will no longer be possible.
I've been flying O. Fisher's Ju-52 for a long time - You can practice landing it on really tiny runways such as Shoreham (payware scenery from JustFlight - comes with FlyingClub add-on). Taxing on the general aircraft taxiways is a real challenge especially in a big tail dragger (they are generally meant for c-172; c-150 types) - but a lot of fun as well. I love to fly it at Night. It has become one of my favorites along with The Tu-154M; B2 and Level D B767.After flying it all this time I stupidly never asked for the repaint kit. Now I wanted to do some repaints but I haven't been able to contact O. Fisher, since he closed his website. 'Eberhard' is right, I don't think his Ju-52 paint kit is uploaded anywhere - as far as I know he did only e-mail it to people who asked him.I know its unlikely but it would be great if anybody who has the repaint kit can get permission from O. Fisher to upload it :( +A big thank you to Oliver Fisher for providing us with this remarkably realistic aircraft.