Sign in to follow this  
Carob

Anyone Remember USA Roads?

Hello.I'm hoping someone has an idea for me here. Way back when I purchased USA Roads (long before UT came out) and I'm having a problem.The version I purchased was 1.1 and I'm trying to find the 1.1E update for it. It seems the people that are at Flight1 now (or whatever they are called) don't seem to know what I'm talking about when I mention this 1.1E update. I know this update did at least one thing (possibly more) and that was giving the option in the configuration utility to turn off roads going over water.I have the original CD I purchased but after reinstalling to a new computer I have since lost this option to turn off the roads going over water. The version number on the original computer is 1.1E and the version on the new computer is 1.1.If anyone knows where I can find this 1.1E update I would be very grateful. At the present time I am not looking to purchase UT just for this feature. I had it before and there has to be a way to get it again. The problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to find this particular update.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!!!

You might try contacting 'Scenery Solutions' who I believe created it:http://www.scenerysolutions.comI had the program at one time, but the same company released Ultimate Terrain with the roads included, so I 'tossed it' off the computer once I started using UT instead.Regardless, they may be able to help you out.

I still have 1.1E installed, but I also have several USA Roads patch files, so I'm not sure which one is the 1.1E patch. I think it might be called USARoadsHotFix1 ? It is described as a water and texture hotfix under the "version" tab of properties. Do you have this one? If you're interested, I can email it to you as it was a publicly distributed hotfix that depends upon the user having a legitimate copy.

That name sounds familiar to me. Maybe that's the one I'm looking for. I don't know how big the file is but sure, if you want to try to e-mail it to me that would be great! If you have other updates as well maybe you could send those too.If you can't e-mail them for some reason maybe you have a page on the web I could download them from. Either way I would appreciate it very much if I could get my hands on them to try.E-mail address = gpolando@marcoa.comI'll watch for them with anticipation.Thanks very much!!!

Yes, the "USA Roads Hot Fix 1" is the file that you are looking for. If you still need it, let me know. I'll be more than happy to email it your way.

Alexander Alonso

Great!Yes, I'm still looking for it. If it's small enough to e-mail and you are willing to do so please do.Thanks very much!!!