Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

OSS 120 file change in progress

Gang,We're in the process of working with the Avsim library staff to upload a new file set for our freeware 120.I initially uploaded a zipped version directly out of my FS9 directory which had 2 of Steve D's and Daniel H's repaints in them. I had included everyone on the project in the readme but forgot to put them all in the Avsim description part of the library.The new file will be an .exe file with no liveries as originally intended so that various authors besides Steve and Daniel could then add to so as to keep everything more administrativly seperate and clear.Don't forget that this is merely a continuation of the promise we made to Erick to make the base model freely available to everyone and is the same file set that was previousley available from our site.Sorry for the confusion everyone. Check the library soon for the new file.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Ok folks,Let me break this down for everyone.We tried not to take this freeware model to the grave with us and we hoped to be able to at least give something to everyone before the holidays.Unfortunately we will not be allowed to re-release our own freeware product here in the file library.The file manager has informed me that we will need the written permission of all the individuals involved in the project.This has nothing to do with any OSS personnel involved. We are all merely just trying to keep going what we had already released and the OSS staff (development or otherwise) see no issues by doing this so long as all parties are credited, which they are and have always been as per our credits policy.As this was utlimately an OSS project, we don't feel this is needed nor required, due to the fact that we, essentially, are the copyright holders (or were-so to speak) to begin with. We do not have the time to email or contact the development staff and the support staff (Approx 10+ individuals) that were working for OSS to get the permission we don't need to begin with. In order to hopefully not lose this entire thing, I will publicly here and now, officially release all EMB120 Freeware Version personnel, from their NDA's whether stated verbally or in writing, of the following clause, and release OSS from any copyrights and/or claims to this project ONLY:"...All work done for OSS remains the sole property of OSS..." This does not mean that we will not at some point, if we are able to make a come back, release a brand new version using none of the materials used in the freeware version.Please let it be known that we fully respect the policies of the AVSIM file library and have no hard feelings toward AVSIM, but we just aren't going to be able to come together on this issue.So what does this mean to you?Well, we hope that the developers that we have released from their NDA's will take the time to re-package the product and get it out to you all at some point.Have a safe and very happy holidays everyone :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

If that's the case you may upload your file. I was reading on the e-mails between you and one of the library managers and realized it's not that big of an issue. Please do accept my apology on behalf of the library staff over all this confusion.

Chase,Thank you very much for your reply, however it's not your fault and no apology is needed.It's not your job to keep track of every little thing that goes on in this business.In any case, I think it's better that we go ahead and stay with our last update where as not to further confuse everyone.This is only one of the very reasons which I think payware companies should not mix and match their freeware and payware offerings, if such issues applies.Things tend to get too tangled as time goes by. We've seen it time and time again not just by us, but by other folks as well.As much as we all love each other and know each other because we also participate in the same hobby, we really must learn to seperate our businesses from everything else.Enough rambeling from me. :-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

>Ok folks,>>Let me break this down for everyone.>>We tried not to take this freeware model to the grave with us>and we hoped to be able to at least give something to everyone>before the holidays.>>Unfortunately we will not be allowed to re-release our own>freeware product here in the file library.>>The file manager has informed me that we will need the written>permission of all the individuals involved in the project.>>This has nothing to do with any OSS personnel involved. We>are all merely just trying to keep going what we had already>released and the OSS staff (development or otherwise) see no>issues by doing this so long as all parties are credited,>which they are and have always been as per our credits>policy.>>As this was utlimately an OSS project, we don't feel this is>needed nor required, due to the fact that we, essentially, are>the copyright holders (or were-so to speak) to begin with. >>We do not have the time to email or contact the development>staff and the support staff (Approx 10+ individuals) that were>working for OSS to get the permission we don't need to begin>with. >>In order to hopefully not lose this entire thing, I will>publicly here and now, officially release all EMB120 Freeware>Version personnel, from their NDA's whether stated verbally or>in writing, of the following clause, and release OSS from any>copyrights and/or claims to this project ONLY:>>"...All work done for OSS remains the sole property of OSS...">>>This does not mean that we will not at some point, if we are>able to make a come back, release a brand new version using>none of the materials used in the freeware version.>>Please let it be known that we fully respect the policies of>the AVSIM file library and have no hard feelings toward AVSIM,>but we just aren't going to be able to come together on this>issue.>>So what does this mean to you?>>Well, we hope that the developers that we have released from>their NDA's will take the time to re-package the product and>get it out to you all at some point.>>Have a safe and very happy holidays everyone :-)>I, as one of the OSS project members, hereby announce that I too authorize the release and distribution of any of my freeware artwork in reference to the OSS EMB-120 freeware project.I'm sorry for the confusion, I hope that clears up any questions about the matter that may still be floating around. :)I will package my repaints and upload them as soon as I get some free time to give them a final inspection. I hope to see Daniel chime in as well, he has many paints too. :)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Correct, we are now out of the deal all together. We've released the model from our books totally now.You may be able to find Erick's Avsim screenie and try to contact him through here if you like and see if he's willing to re-pack it and upload it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Errr..... hasn't it aleady been uploaded at some point? If not, i'm wondering what i've downloaded with two repaints????

>Dougal:>>what file name did you download? i find nothing when doing a>'OSS', 'EMB 120', 'EMB120' (or other combination) search in>library avsim (except repaints, not the model).>>--Sorry, unable to remember. After i download anything, i dump the original 'zip' file, and change the name to something i'm more likely to understand.

Guest blaster331

Greetings All,the original file which appeared here a couple of days ago was oss_embl120.zip. To the best of my knowledge it has been taken down and is not available right now.Hope this helpsBest regardsAndrew

>yea, a file by that name is no longer on the server. joys of>'free'; there one moment ... gone the next.>>--Woz gonna 'pm' you but it appears you're not contactable????