Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

If you could choose only one RealAir...?

Hello All!Well, it turns out that I have about 35 semolians to burn, and I am interested in getting one of the fine RealAir aircraft. The problem is, which one?? If you could only have one RealAir plane in your hangar, which one would you go for: the Scout, Citabria, Decathlon package, or the SIAI-Marchetti SF260 (I'm really not interested in the Spitfire). Thanks!Paul

Paul, if your not interested in the Spitfire, that would leave the SF260, as my preference.. I do have all the Real Air aircraft, I love the spit, the SF260 next, the remainders, Citabra ande etc. have never been on my favorites list, tho they are good. Just not my cup of tea. I would suggest if you mostly want IFR capability and 120 or so knot ride then its got to be the SF260, fast gauges and good FM. A good and fast hot rodder for VFR and limited avionics, its gotta be the spit.. same fast guages and awsome sound to boot.Happy picking,,,, JimC.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have the Scout package and absolutely love it. The package provides many opportunities...acrobatics, stripped down trainer, and the cross county Scout with standard, tundra wheel, and amphibian versions.Of course, I'm biased, as it is the only RealAir product I have ;) , but I know, sooner than later I will have them all, as they are truely wonderful aircraft, and you won't hear nary a negative word about any of them.So, it all depends on what type flying you want to do, if you only have one choice. As much as I like the looks of the 260 (and I will get it), I am very tempted lately to get the Spitfire next.

>too bad, 'cause the spit is a beauty!!Yes, I think the Spitfire is great too! But at the same time, the SF260 has been my favorite simulated airplane of all time! For all around, do everything flying, I'd get the Marchetti SF260, followed quickly by the Spit. :D

I have all the RealAir products, but my favorite is the SF260 Marchetti. Of course as a Belgian I am biased: it's delivered with three Belgian painting schemes ;-) and some others. But don't worry there are a lot of paintings available. There is a SF260 club forum on the simflight.com site. Regards,Hugo

What they said! I have had the SF260 since 2003 and it is still the first aircraft I reinstall following a build of FS. You will not be bored, plus it is a great platform for some cross country work too.CheersJames

I share the same love for RealAir's Marchetti with the previous posters.On the other hand, I have picked the Scout package to make a present to a friend. Indeed, it provides three planes to choose from according to your mood, from the basic trainer to the complex IFR plane, and a dedicated aerobatic plane.And take my word for it: whatever you choose now, 1) you will not make a mistake 2) you will buy the others too (sooner or later)!sincerely,Tagada

I own them all and they are all great in their own ways. It is too bad you are not interested in the Spitfire. I held out until this past wek to get it, but it is truly the most fun I have had in FS since I started flying in 1994. The Marchetti is a great aircraft, but I nver like flying in the right seat. :)For just getting around in a great GA then I would agree with the Marchetti, but if you really want to FLY... the Spit is so much fun and a good challenge. Scott

My fav is the Decathlon package. Its as good as the real decathlon.I know I am going to get killed for this... :) The SIAI Marchetti feels a little too light. Don't know if thats how it feels for real on not. Otherwise its a great airplane.MannyPS: The spits was my initial pick...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wow, you guys are really making me reconsider not being interested in the Spitfire!! I'll go over to the RealAir website and have a looksee at it. Who knows...maybe that't what I'll end up with. Many thanks!Paul

Guest neslesman

I just got the Spit and it's a real beauty, with the usual Real Air primo flight dynamics. Having just read the a history of the Spit by it's chief test pilot I have an even deeper appreciation for the quality and accuracy of this model. Warning, don't push that big Merlin (or is it the Griffon engine?) at full boost for more than 5 min. or you will be sorry, and you will only require about 50% power at take off or you will find yourself over in far right field.....or on your back. I've had to make a couple dead stick landings over France.The Marchetti is sweet too though. Decision Decisions.

Guest dpc

I have all the A/Cs you're looking at. I don't have the Spit. So, If I got to keep only 1 of them, it would be the SF-260 hands down. Nice all-around GA.

Hi Paul, I couldn't resist to throw in my penny's worth........ 'tis clear from all the posts the RealAir kites are great, so it looks like you'd be pushed to have any regrets - However, You just HAVE to a least TRY the Spit!! Do you not have a friend with one on his/her machine ...... if you try you'll buy.Good Luck picking,Regards Blue.