Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

If you could choose only one RealAir...?

Guest Dominique

I've all the three packages and each of them has its own merits besides the smoothy smooth :-) and outstanding VC and excellent flight modeling. The Spit' is my first choice. She's a powerful and relatively fast aircraft cruising at about 220 mph. You need to be careful when you take off but landing is challenging too, you gotta do a controlled glide. Not too difficult mind you but you do learn a lot with her (control speed during approach and landing for instance) as there's no A/P there to help and she may bite you. A lot of fun. The view outside is not so good and she has limited IFR capability (one VOR receiving gauge only). The SF260 is a nimble aircraft with which you can do aerobatics but it is a stable cruiser too with an excellent view outside of the cockpit. She flies at about 153 knots IAS. She has full IFR capability and an A/P.The Scout is your typical slow moving bush plane. I've flown her a lot but today the Do-27 is a very strong competitor when I fly the bush. I don't fly much the Citabria or the Decathlon so I cannot really comment.

If I could only have one RealAir plane, (I have them all) it would be the Spit. It is after all the GA aircraft to dream for, fast, manoeuverable, fantastic climb rate, ceiling of 40,000ft or whatever. Swap the FS GPS for a RealityXP gauge,(cheating I know) and you have perfection. Also it's very tolerant of low spec computers. The view outside is superb, just look along those beautiful wings.John

Guest thedoggg

The spit is great but my favorite is the SF260. Have all of them though.Carlos

Alright, after this thread I decided to finally spring for the 260 after so many rav reviews. The Spit has gotta be next.Everyone is right, although I really like my Scout, and the 260 can never replace it, this aircraft sure does look nice in my hanger, and flies incredibly. RealAir is one of the best, no doubt.Thanks all....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163753.jpg;)

Guest neslesman

I hadn't noticed that paint job, I like it a lot. Great scenery in the pic too.