Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

UTOPIA - Derate calculator for fs9

Hiya allI found this little gem of a program this morning while browsing the file library. It does exactly like it says on the tin, it calculates the derates for a variety of Airliners. The biggest bonus for me is it can actually get the loaded weights of the aircraft from flightsim using FSUIPC.Now for a question, Anyone else using this program? I only ever seem to fly the level-d 767-300 and the PMDG 747-400 both with FS2Crew. Utopia comes with a performance file for the level D but nothing for the 747. Does anyone know if this performance file is around somewhere? I have looked in the file library but cant find anything.PS. If the author of this program is reading this, Then my hats off too you. Such a great little program thats nice and simple to use :)Many thanksDean

Dean Farley

yes, I noticed some time ago too...however I have never been able to get it to run, I mean at all. When I double click the 'utopia.exe' file I get an error box stating:'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem'after several directory deletions and extraction (there is no install capability) it has never worked, so I wrote it off.glad someone got it to work.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi Mike,I think it needs microsofts net framework instaled to run, If you already have that then I dont know whats gone wrong sorry :(

Dean Farley

I have used the topcat software before but its dependent on MS excel. With the UTOPIA software it was independent. Looks like I'll go back to TOPCAT :)Thanks for the reply :)Dean

Dean Farley

Hi Mike,Yes it needs MS .NET 2.0 to run ... and you're not the first person to report that error. It seems to be a bit picky about how .NET is setup.I was dragged into using .NET in the first place (I taught myself MFC years ago and hoped to use that) the free version of Visual Studio doesn't let you debug MFC though.Nevertheless, I managed to teach myself the basics of .NET and played around with "Hello World" for a while, thinking of how much more stable and portable it was going to be without having to worry about these extraneous DLL's ... only to find .NET is just as fickle.My apologies to all who have had this problem, I can only suggest an uninstall and reinstall of .NET. There are a couple of updates to the .NET framework on the windows update site, these may help also.It worked fine on all my computers so I'm kinda out of ideas.Anyone who knows anything about .NET, please feel free to shout up with ideas.Kind regards (and Happy Christmas)Ian

Hi Dean,Glad you like the program, it's a bit of a niche product but I could never find take off data when I needed it so thought I'd come up with some kind of universal tool to work it out.I didn't make a performance file for the PMDG 400 because :a) I don't own it:( I found some other performance calculator (possibly the one someone else has already referred to) and decided there was less of a need for it.Of course, if someone where to make a file for the 400 I'm sure it would work just fine (that's why I included the take off analyser :-))Happy Christmas all,Ian