Sign in to follow this  

The LAGO twin otter

Guest danowat

Hi all,I would like to buy the LAGO twin otter, as I like the otter alot.What I would like to know is how does it compare with the freeware otter that is on here.The freeware one is quite nice, has a VC etc, is spending

Lagos panel (and especially the VC, you may think the panel a bit bare) are among the best ever.The aircraft model is excellent (sadly only the longnose version was modelled though), and it flies really well.Some people have said they don't like the sounds, but they're pretty close to what I remember Twin Otters sounding like (though I haven't been near a real one in years so I could be mistaken).If you like Twotters, I think it's a must (but be prepared to fly for real, no GPS bound autopilot and other modern stuff here).

Guest sbdwag

The Lago Twinn Otter pales in comparison to the freeware versions available here at avsim. Im particular are those made by Eric Dantes, and Maurico Illanes.Their planes are truly the cream of the crop and I suggest before you purchase the Lago product you download these. In all areas except may be the fight model this freeware version is a class above that which is offered by Lago. And if you still find that you have to purchase the Lago product like I did then at lease you can delete everything except the Aircraft.cfg and air file from the Lago product and merge it into the Freeware Twin Otter and then you will truly have the best Otter availableDennis

Guest danowat

Hi dennis,Well the otter I am using at the moment is the one's by eric dantes, I think they are great but I wondered if the payware one would offer MORE.But it seems that you think the freeware one is as good as if not better.Oh well I will wait and see, It is times like this when I wish they would supply a demo version to help you make up your mind.ThanksDan.

Guest sbdwag

DanTo help you futher understand the Twotter. When you look out your Pilots side window on the Otter by Eric Dantes you see a nice spinning prop and wings. When you slew back into the pax area you can set in any of the seats and admire the view. The Twotter has non of these amenities. NO VC except the panel in front of you,the overhead and a door behind you. The sound is not any better that the freeware sounds available here. In fact they sound like a rc plane. The repaints are very bland and dull. There is a very long hesitation (5 seconds or more when you select the menu) there is a fix for this that everybody touts as a solution but all you are doing is lowering the resolution of the vc. Personally I dont recall any addon plane in recent memory that tried to lower the collective acceptable standard as much as the Twotter did. Especially for the price paid for it. I ask for a refund and was never responded to I might add.Dennis

HiI`ll go along with what Dennis has said exactly.To top it all off Lago will not refund your money if you are dissatisfied for any reason.I know this because it happened to me with their Tornado.You are better off with one of the freeware offerings that are out there.Ron Rees

Guest danowat

Hi Guys,Well thanks, I was ready to hit the buy button earlier when I thought I better get some feedback.One again thanks for the constructive and informative nature of your replys.CheersDan

>Hi >>I`ll go along with what Dennis has said exactly. >To top it all off Lago will not refund your money if you are >dissatisfied for any reason.I know this because it happened >to me with their Tornado. >You are better off with one of the freeware offerings that >are out there. >>Ron Rees Ron, that is a incorrect explanation on what happened, you know it and I know it.If I recall correctly you wanted your money back because we had a problem with the VOR. A problem we admitted and fixed within 8 (!) of the release. Now I believe if you find a bug and report it (you were one of the first) you should give the company time to fix it and you know we always do that and we always do that very fast. Besides, what you bought is the unlocking code and there is no way for us to check if you actually removed the software, key code email etc from your system. That is always a major problem and that is why not many companies will let you return a shareware product. It would make buying shareware very cheap. We do trust our customers to a certain extend, but the simple fact that some have their codes shared on file sharing systems proof that trust only reaches so far.We do refund, but not for a bug that makes the VOR receiver disfunctional for a few days. I would say most customers would think this is a fair point of view. As I asked you at that moment, what OS are you using to run FS2002 on? Would you consider that bug free and what did the manifacturer say when you asked you money back from that one? Or would you say FS2002 is bugfree? Software contains bugs, the Tornado only a few and we have found a few minor ones that we'll find soon with a new release.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Personally I dont recall any addon plane in recent memory >that tried to lower the collective acceptable standard as >much as the Twotter did. Especially for the price paid for >it. I ask for a refund and was never responded to I might >add. I can only say that I am happy the reviewers for this product did not see it that way. If you check the product page you will find the links to all reviews (non left out) that we could find. Without a single exception they were favorable. Many of them compare the freeware to ours btw.But what is distrubing is the fact that a communication from you was not answered. I am the manager of the Customer Support department as as such responsable for that. If you would be so kind to send your email to me I will be glad sort that out (and to find out what went wrong). I did check the forum messages (the new and the old forum) but was not able to find such a message there, so it must have been by email. Please send you mail to mathijs@lagoonline.com.Mathijs KokLAGO

>Personally I dont recall any addon plane in recent memory >that tried to lower the collective acceptable standard as >much as the Twotter did. Especially for the price paid for >it. I ask for a refund and was never responded to I might >add. I can only say that I am happy the reviewers for this product did not see it that way. If you check the product page you will find the links to all reviews (non left out) that we could find. Without a single exception they were favorable. Many of them compare the freeware to ours btw.But what is distrubing is the fact that a communication from you was not answered. I am the manager of the Customer Support department as as such responsable for that. If you would be so kind to send your email to me I will be glad sort that out (and to find out what went wrong). I did check the forum messages (the new and the old forum) but was not able to find such a message there, so it must have been by email. Please send you mail to mathijs@lagoonline.com.Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest kyle

I loved the Twotter and still love it! Great plane. Sure it had some bugs but all seems quite fine now. If this guy above did infact delete it but kept the aircraft conf. file and moved it to a free version to enjoy, then shame on him and he should not be getting a refund - even though we seem to now know the truth.

MathijsHow am I incorrect?You sold me a defective product (Tornado)and I asked in your forum for the correct way of getting a refund.You said no.It is not my responsibility to allow you time to fix products it is yours to get right before you sell them.It was`nt right and you do it all the time with just about everything you release and I`m not talking about subtle cosmetic errors but big showstoppers.I have the Otter too and not too thrilled with the fiasco that was the first version.Please don`t insinuate that I am a liar because I am not the one with a buisness to defend.I call them the way I see them and could care less how you feel about it.

Ron,I am astounded you feel the Tornado is defective. You complained on the Lago forum about the plane being unflyable at release. As far as I can tell, your only complaint was the VOR. It sure suprises me it was unflyable, as I spent hours with it even before the patch. I wish you had told me sooner, then I could have saved my self all the enjoyment I have been having. I rank the Tornado right up there with some of the best payware I have ever purchased. Now if you want defective, try Airport 2002. It would not even load on a large number on Windows ME/98 without a patch that took over a month to release. If your definition of defective is one small error, than I guess you dont have any non-defective software. If you have gotten a refund for every piece of defective software by your definition, than you must have alot of free software lying around.You say Lago releaes defective product all the time. Though I strongly disagree, why do you keep purchasing from them if it is so bad? I think most people would say Lago has excellent products and excellent cutomer service.Finally, why are there so many so eager to be one of the first to purchase something? Wait for reviews and feedback. After all, its not like you can take the CD back to the store with downloadable software.Tony

I've seen people like him before.Buy software, make a copy, then take it back claiming it doesn't work.They get the refund and still have the software.It's called piracy of course...