Sign in to follow this  

The LAGO twin otter

Tony& JentwingLOL you two clowns would`nt know a good piece of software if it jumped up and bit you.Jentwing if you`re ever in NJ come and look me up.LOL your asinine answer in the SimFlyer forum today told me all I need to know about your credibility and knowledge.I love the way you gang up on dissenting views as if it was any buisness of yours at all so game away I`ll continue to voice my opinions thanks.Oh and to the original poster if you want a nice piece of software go for the Flight1 Meridian.Best value for the buck right now.

Hi Jeroen,Let's don't talk about piracy again..... keep things straight.The issue isn't: how do I try to get my software for free...The issue is more like: what do you expect from developers who deliver a piece of (quality)software you are not confident with....and is it worth the price....RegardsJohan van WijngaardenEHAM

Guest danowat

Right I think this is getting a little bit out of hand, All I wanted was some feedback on a product, and now I have seen it decsend into some childish inane flamewar.Well it seems that my reply about constructive and informative posts was a little premature.See you all in the playgroundDan.

Hi Dan,I dont know what your main reason is for using FS2002,:-sun1 I am however using it, as a professional, for training, simulation andjust for fun.I am a pilot, and i think FS is a great way to get the feel of flying, both simulated and for real.However, in my case i am using freeware a lot, but to get the right feel of what i am flying, and this is very important to me, i use only payware, there is a lot of great and good flying freeware indeed, but there is a lot of work and testing behind the paywares that makes you really feel what you are flying. you dont fly around in a cessna that feels like a heavy bomber, do you?Most of the people working with payware take this very seriously, LAGO does indeed....About the Twin otter, I am from Norway, The Twin Otter is, and has been used in great extend in Norway, and that makes it a important Aircraft to me.I have tried most of the freeware Otters, and i guess i am like most of you out there, first try the freeware, if not good enought, go get the payware, Right?I cant decide what you should do, since i dont know what you want, but if you are looking for the best made and the best flying (we are talking abou the feel again), made by a very serious software company,you should go for the LAGO model, i did and i am happy with it.:-outta Best RegardsCowboy :-wave

Hi Dan,I can't comment on Lago's Twin Otter as I have not purchased it. If I recall correctly, FlightSim.com had a review not too long ago. I believe it was combined with a scenery review. Having followed it for some time, it sounds like reaction is mixed, though more good than bad. The last patch seems to have taken care of most of the issues, but that is just what I have read on the forums. Good luck in whatever you decide. Don't forget to have fun!Tony

>Mathijs >>How am I incorrect?You sold me a defective product >(Tornado)and I asked in your forum for the correct way of >getting a refund.You said no. >It is not my responsibility to allow you time to fix >products it is yours to get right before you sell them.It >was`nt right and you do it all the time with just about >everything you release and I`m not talking about subtle >cosmetic errors but big showstoppers. >I have the Otter too and not too thrilled with the fiasco >that was the first version. >Please don`t insinuate that I am a liar because I am not the >one with a buisness to defend.I call them the way I see them >and could care less how you feel about it. Mmmmm... You MUST own a MS OS because that's what is needed to run FS. And you CAN'T own a MS OS because they all contain bugs and you made it clear that you will not take ANY bugs, not even relatively small ones that are solved in 8 days. Mmmm... even worse, as we all know that FS is certainly not bugfree, what did you use to run our software in? Or is that you apply different standards to different companies. And if so, what makes you more critical on LAGO then on say..... Microsoft?However Ron, as the problem you found big enough to demand you money back is now solved I believe that we have to conclude the origine of the problem is gone. You disagree with me and I find it hard to understand what makes you think and react like this. I certainly disagree with your reaction. Lets agree to disagree. You probably won't buy another LAGO product and that is something that I regret, I do think however that we can't solve that.Mathijs

>Hi all, >>I would like to buy the LAGO twin otter, as I like the otter >alot. >What I would like to know is how does it compare with the >freeware otter that is on here. >The freeware one is quite nice, has a VC etc, is spending

YeahAnd while you`re at it refund my credit card thief.

Guest danowat

Hi Mathijs,If what you are saying is true, then I would have to say that your company is a good one who seems to go above and beyond call of duty.So as I read it you will send me a code for the twotter and if I like it I will buy it?. well this is a first for me, I have brought your FSmaintanece and have been happy with this, so i have had some dealings with your company before, all I wanted was some feedback on the twotter to make sure it was worth the money I would be spending on it, which is why i would have liked a demo, anyway you seem to be offering more than that and I am greatfull.I was not wanting to have a big debate about other peoples problems but in my eyes a faulty VOR indicator that has been fixed does not warrant a refund, in my opinion.Ron what is the point in your vitriolic comments about LAGO,all I wanted was some feedback on the otter and you have turned it into a slanging match between yourself and LAGO, it makes me wonder why I bothered in the first place, at leastmathijas has tried to help me, all you have used this post for is a crusade about your tornado, sorry to have stirred up so much crap, I will know better in the future.Many thanksDandanowat32@hotmail.com

Guest Henri W

Ron,And before you write irrelevant things like "Proud to be an American" at least behave like somebody other Americans could be proud of. I am afraid quite a few people could be ashamed of your behavior. Best regards,Henri

Guest Henri W

Removed double message

Dan,Keep posting away. Your post is what this board is here for. There is nothing you did that should have caused the negativity. Let us know what you think about the otter. The fligt model of the freeware one seems a little squirly, thougb I am not a real pilot. The freeware model and VC sure are nice, though. The Lago unit does look good from screenshots.Tony

>Dan, >Keep posting away. Your post is what this board is here >for. There is nothing you did that should have caused the >negativity. Let us know what you think about the otter. Exactly. Tempers rise very fast and very strong in forums (I even written my thesis on it!) because the medium is so fast, so open and yet without face to face (or voice to voice) contact. I fell into that trap with open eyes myself as I have done so often in the past:-). But as it is so open and so public everybody can make up his own mind on what has been said and that often leads to a very good understanding of of other parties.In this case Dan sounded like an okay guy because of the way he reacted, his last message enforces that impression. I honestly do not believe I run any risk sending the code to him, in fact, I bought the code myself, my credit card. Sometimes you got to put your money were your mouth is.Mathijs

Guest danowat

Hi Mathijs,Thanks for the FREE code, you have done yourself and your company a great deal of good in my eyes.Also if anyone on here wants to know what the otter is like, (which is all I wanted) it is GREAT, even though I have a free code i will buy it, just to thank lago for a wonderful package.Thank you very muchdan

>Hi Mathijs, >>Thanks for the FREE code, you have done yourself and your >company a great deal of good in my eyes. >Also if anyone on here wants to know what the otter is like, >(which is all I wanted) it is GREAT, even though I have a >free code i will buy it, just to thank lago for a wonderful >package. >>Thank you very much >>dan End well, all well. Glad to have you as a customer!Mathijs