Sign in to follow this  
Guest hdjuey

muti prop or jet

Guest hdjuey

when useing two lever for the throttles I.E CH throttle, how do you evenly advance both engines the same with out one advanceing slightly faster

The first step is to make sure both throttles are calibrated exactly the same. I use the registered version of FSUIPC, but you can also calibrate using FS9. I set the sensitivity for both at full.The next step is to keep one eye on the gauges during the early part of the takeoff - if one engine is advancing in MP or rpm faster than the other, adjust the throttles accordingly. Be prepared to use rudder to adjust for asymetrical thrust. By the time you reach full takeoff power, the throttles should be pretty close to aligned.It takes some practice. Keep in mind, that in airliners, the pilot doing the takeoff sets the initial thrust setting, then turns the throttles over to the other pilot for final adjustment while the first concentrates on making the takeoff. It's quite common that the throttles do not align perfectly for the same thrust setting.Dale

Dale