Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgreth123

Finally got around to getting the RealityXP Sandel gauges

Guest jgreth123

First off... WOW!!I kind of went on a hayday... I got the SN3308, the ST3400, and the FlightLine T/N lines.First off, I'll start with the ST3400...For those that don't know what it is, it's a Terrain Avoidance and Warning System (TAWS). In real-time it reads the mesh around you ( whether default mesh or third-party addon, it reads it in real-time ) and has a few modes. You can just display terrain ( color-coded based on elevation ). You can display terrain that will be problematic in relation to your current altitude ( color coded by elevation above your plane ). You can display terrain that will be problematic based on a prediction algorithm ( ie, takes your current vertical speed and applies it to your ground speed and shows what terrain will be a problem if you continue on that path/ascent/descent ). In the last 2 modes that I mentioned, it does not display terrain that is not a factor. So in the normal terrain mode, light green would be a very low altitude. In the second mode, a light green would be something that is close to your altitude but not problematic. Of course, you can use the full terrain mode and it will still warn you via aural warning when your current path of flight will run into terrain. It will even circle the area of danger ( where you would hit if you continue on the path ). All of this and it still can draw your actual flight route on the gauge so you can fly safely along your flight plan route by avoiding dangerous terrain. It can replace any basic RMI gauge. It has VOR/ADF needles so you can use it for that as well. It also features a TCASDid I mention that there's absolutely no performance hit? All of the work this thing does ( re-draws in real-time, very very smooth ) and no performance hit. It's also amazing to note how much detail they get within a small display window. The text is crisp and clear!If you ever do any flying around any questionable terrain, this gauge is worth checking into.... You purchase it with the Flight1 wrapper so if you don't agree with me ( I promise you will though! ), you can always get your money back.I didn't get a chance yet to really play with the other Sandel ( SN3308 ) yet so once I play with that a bit tonight I'll post something to cover what I think of it.I spent about 2 hours replacing all of the gauges in the GA planes I love to fly with the FlightLine T and N gauges.... it's really amazing how much smoother these are.It's really a shame that RealityXP was so 'under the radar' for me.... I guess I'm posting here to help spread word a bit.... their work is too good to go unnoticed.Really guys, check out their stuff.... you'll be amazed.http://www.reality-xp.comComments welcome!!BTW, I'll make a small video showing it off in a few days after I get back from my Christmas trip.

Jeff! - How're ya going to wedge all them facy-pants instrument-thingy's into yer clunky ol' Dornier?????:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest jgreth123

>Jeff! - How're ya going to wedge all them facy-pants>instrument-thingy's into yer clunky ol' Dornier?????>>:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol >>pjI'll be able to find some room here and there!! :)

Guest GA Flyer

I have the T an N gauges as well and love them. Wait until you see the ADF act like a real ADF with Dip and what not.I only have one small issue and that is I can not assign the VOR2 gauge and ADF out ring to my GoFlight module so that I can change the outer rings on those two gauges using a knob on the GoFlight module. If anybody know how to fix this that would be great.BTW how is it that you've posted over 500 times where I'm sure that you've had to of read many of Geofa's postings in which in his sign banner he supports XP gauges and yet you state you just came around to finding out about these hidden jewels :-lol , well thats how I found out about them ;-)

Guest jgreth123

>BTW how is it that you've posted over 500 times where I'm sure>that you've had to of read many of Geofa's postings in which>in his sign banner he supports XP gauges and yet you state you>just came around to finding out about these hidden jewels>:-lol , well thats how I found out about them ;-) Because I don't read banners ;)I've HEARD of RealityXP before but just never knew what I was missing...

Hi,I got the Sandel3308 GoFlight also on my new DreamFleet Baron 58XP.Great airplane ... great instruments! Nice to fly!I cannot get the GoFlight autopilot (GF-MCP) HDG knob and CRS knob to work with the Sandel 3308.I am not sure if it is possible!I have to turn the Sandel's knobs with mouse clicks. Darn! Sure wish I knew the secret ... if there is one.All the other GoFlight modules (NAV COMM P8 T8) talk to the BaronXP ok.I think the reality gauges may have some special programming going on inside them which we do not know about!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW