Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Spitfire opinions

Hi All, I've been reading another post and it prompted me to post this:There are several models of the venerable Spitfire out there for FS9 - payware models include; RealAir, JustFlight & Plane design to name but a few. With, naturally many freeware models. I have great admiration for the whole Spitfire story and find the RealAir model fantastic but I've not tried the other payware ones. Has anyone found any models to rival the RealAir Spitfire? Either Payware or Freeware? I include Freeware as a friend bought the JustFlight VC10 pack sometime ago and then found I had the David Maltby freeware version. The freeware model VC10 was by far, streets ahead of the payware item in this instance!:-)Observations would be appreciated as I have room for any Spit that can hold a candle to the RealAir model:-)Thanks for any help offered.Regards Blue

Guest kilotango

You might take a look at cfs2 1% Spitfire F-MKIVXE. It'll do the job.

Guest yarvelling

The 'Wings of Power 2' Spitfire mk1 from Shockwaves is quite superb! I would venture to say that it equals the fantastic Real Air Spit...the only thing that it lacks in FS9 (but does have in FSX), is the virtual head-movement in the VC mode. Other than that, it's a beautifully detailed model with fully functional/clickable VC and she flies like a dreram! The other planes in the package (BF109E, P51D, Zero, and P47) are equally well made.

If you want the full real spitter taste, get IL-2 and the ACES addon. It has the best FM around.

My Thanks to all for their advice. I did look at the Just Flight Demo but was frankly disappointed. The kindest thing to say is that there are better models out there.Enjoy what's left of the Hols. Happy New Year to all.Regards Blue.

Guest neslesman

It's not a Spit but a close second. The Hawker Hurricane IID available here as freeware at Avsim is a beautiful aircraft by the Lyons as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong. It was my first aircraft add on and it's still may favourite. It even has quite a few more functioning controls than the Real Air Spit and the model is as good as it gets IMO.

Hi Nes, You're quite right - wonderful piece of modelling, I have all their Hurricanes - the IId, I think the most recent, and a really excellent piece of Kit!Regards, Blue