Sign in to follow this  
Jure

Checklists for B-707

Hi,installed the good ol' CS B-707 again with triple (CIVA) INS, my modded panel and all the goodies. It sure is a great bird, the 707, reminds me of my first transatlantic flight when I was, oh, about 12 or so. :)Anyway, I would dearly like to get a decent checklist for the 707. The thing that comes with CS's bird is unusable. Found Matt Zagoren's perf files (which are great, btw) here at AVSIM and an actual checklist over at "all nodes busy" but none of them are what I am really after: a decent, thorough B-707 checklist starting in a dark&cold 'pit.Any ideas where to find one? Please, no usual CS bashing, I am only after a good checklist. :)Thanks!Regards,Jure

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for suggestions, I appreciate the responses, but I've checked all three options. :)While Matt's files contain a lot of useful information and procedures - which I follow - they are not really checklists as such (starting from cold&dark) and the other checklist is more or less a compilation of what exists in CS's own documentation. I also have a sort of abbreviated PanAm checklist, but that is all.Jure

Jure,I still got all of my old checklist, manuals etc from 707 flying days but my scanner is on strike., as soon as I can get my resident science gizmo kid to sort it out I'll put it here.Regards,Douglas.PS, never had INS'S on board best for us was dual Omegas backed up good old paper and the cr-5.

Douglas,thank you very much, this is great news! :)You flew the 707? My only regret is that I was too young when I was on that one flight in 1973 to really appreciate it. Sure, I was all eyes and ears (as we all were at 12), but if only I had one more chance Today to fly on one... for some reason the 707 has always been special to me. I'm getting back to the 707 style of flying in FS9. The CS 707, DF's 727, David's Bac 1-11 and such. Yesterday, it took me the better part of two hours to prepare for a flight from Gran Canaria to Hannover. No FMC, no nothing, just lots of tables, a calculator, paper and pen. Barely made it on fuel with an uncharacteristic headwind most of the way - and NOT taking it into account when I was calculating fuel. FunFunFun... :)And you say, no INS? I'd give an arm and a leg to be on a transatlantic flight aboard one of these magnificent birds... Douglas, thanks again, if you manage to scan the checklists one of these days, I'll be very happy. :)Regards,Jure

Jure, There are actually three checklist:Normal .... WhiteAbnormal ....YellowEmergency......Redand these are all referenced in the ops manual where there are expanded versions of these checklist for review and study and so on.No INS, Omegas and of course VOR's.As soon as I get them scanned I'll post it.Douglas

Douglas,perfect, thank you very much indeed! :)I'm getting ready to recreate a flight I was on all those years ago:LJLJ, stop at EINN and on to CYYZ. Your checklists came just in the right time. Thanks again!Regards,Jure