Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Blurriness - ideas of what's causing it?

Guest Muppet22

Hi chaps,Yeah, I regularly defrag my hard disks with O&O and have removed all the rubbish that runs in the background - norton for example. It's currently about as streamlined as I can make it. AA is set to 4X and anisotropic to 4X - rest of the gfx card settings are driver defaults - I don't know what the other options do so I don't mess with em!As a fix I've lowered the vis settings in fsuipc - which means that these blurries are now out of sight and out of mind - nevertheless its still extremely frustrating though!BestTom

Guest Muppet22

A screenshot below best shows the problem.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163590.jpgAt the top of the picture there's a line, above which the fs textures are completely sort of undeveloped - just a blurred mess.It's the same in every location with every aircraft.PC specs are pretty good - P4 3.6Ghz, 2GB ram, GF4 6800GT - whilst not the most upto date system, it is definitely capable of producing better results and has done in the past until recently.The terrain part of my fs9.cfg is as follows...[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=85.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=200.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=8.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4I have messed around with these settings and none of them make any difference to the blurriness.I think it maybe something that I installed recently, but am no expert.Anyone have any suggestions?ThanksTom