Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Help with R Piper's HS748

Hi there,I'm having alot of fun with the 748 and the VC is stunning, but when crusing above 10000 after a while the engines cut out for some reason. I don't have the anti-ice on when cruising, not sure if thats it. ThanksTristan

Sounds to me like a case of RTFM. You need to read the manual on this one in order to manage the fuel and engines. I haven't flown it for a while so I can't help with the specifics, but you must follow the correct procedures.

Graeme Butler

Yep, Rick's HS748 models engine icing. Check the manual, but engine deicing should be set to fast when the OAT is less than 10 degrees C, and set to slow when OAT is less than -6 C.Also, pay attention to fuel heaters, which should be on if OAT is less thsn -20 CDale

Dale

Hi there,Yeah I guess I better RTFM. The thing is that I only cruise at about 15000 feet, it wouldn't be freezing there. But anyways thanksTristan

<"I only cruise at about 15000 feet, it wouldn't be freezing there.">My friend, you can get freezing temps and icing at any altitude.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest The Captain

Hi - just read this. I regularly use this beauty at 16000 ft with icing off & have never had any trouble. I agree - it's a little stunner.Cheers.

Guest guyon

Hi Tristan,This is a stunning aircraft - hard to believe it's freeware. My guess is that you'll find that the problem is that you're turning the fuel heaters off after take-off... keep the fuel heaters on, and the engines won't cut-out any more. As others in this forum have said, cruising at 15000ft will mean you need to watch your de-icing settings... Glad you're enjoying flying this really great aircraft.