Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Tried FSX again but going back to FS9

>Eventually, I returned back to FS9 and, guess what, I had a>blast again. I loaded up my X-Plane v8.5 and I had even more>fun, because XPs scenery blows FSX away - and that is with>60fps on average. Period.>>Sure, FSX *can* look stunning, if you enjoy flying a>slideshow. Right now, it's simply unflyable, even on the most>advanced hardware. Aces has made a huge mistake in releasing>FSX too early. Unless Aces comes out with a magic Dual Core>patch or some serious DX10 magic, FSX will remain sockdrawered>here, because it is simply not enjoyable.>First, I'll show two pics of the same area. The first is X-Plane 8.50 with global scenery & the second is FSX with FSGenesis mesh.IMO, X-Plane certainly does not blow FSX away. It's just different.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163683.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163684.jpgWith X-Plane, I can often see frame rates in the 40-70 fps area, but last evening I pulled it down to around 28 fps with some rather rough canyon areas of southern Utah and Arizona. It's the same with FS9.I also run FSX in many visually stunning areas at a near solid 25 fps. I don't want to hear this "slide show" mentality of thought, , as though it's the only way, since I'm never happy with slide shows either! In reality FSX can look VERY stunning with super smooth and stutterless frame rates, but NOT in all areas. It's a compromise, just as FS9 has been, depending on the super duper frame rate hogging aircraft loaded into the sim. When in a situation where FSX suffers, then I simply switch to FS9, without a world wide announcement! It's as easy as 1-2-3!3rd pic is a winter scene you'll never get in X-Plane with global scenery, as global scenery has it's limitations of no seasons. Once again, it's just a compromise, as I can switch between these three simulations to fit the purpose. And BTW, this FSX pic was made with very smooth fps, and a great sensation of flight.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/163685.jpgP.S. -- FS9 skipped this particular lake thats in the first two X-Plane & FSX pics! It's only been around since the 1930's :-hah

LAdamson nice pics but you need to post all three with the exact same angles. The above pics look like three different locations altogether, surely not the same location like your trying to convey. If you could get the angles about the same in each pic I'm sure most of us could better see your point. :-)It's interesting in every FS9 vs FSX thread I see you in here defending FSX to the fullest. I'm wondering how you have time to fly both in the real world and virtually if you spend all your time defending FSX. I think we more than heard you and you've excessively made your point about the subject. You don't have to respond to every thread on every FS site defending FSX, we know you love it. Seeing how DX10 might be on hold even longer this whole FSX debacle is a complete mess. We have quite some time before we can put all this to rest with a final Vista/DX10 version. I was hoping for Spring of 2007 now it's looking more like Winter of 07...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>>It's interesting in every FS9 vs FSX thread I see you in here>defending FSX to the fullest. I'm wondering how you have time>to fly both in the real world and virtually if you spend all>your time defending FSX. I think we more than heard you and>you've excessively made your point about the subject. You>don't have to respond to every thread on every FS site>defending FSX, we know you love it. Seeing how DX10 might be>on hold even longer this whole FSX debacle is a complete mess.> We have quite some time before we can put all this to rest>with a final Vista/DX10 version. I was hoping for Spring of>2007 now it's looking more like Winter of 07... HA,HA.... :-hah And you're the one who seems to get in on every negative FSX post, and you don't even own it! :7 But it doesn't matter now! I just picked up the new RealAir Marchetti SF260 for FSX, and now have the ultimate in stick & rudder simulated flying! The SF260 is even better in FSX, and that's both flight dynamic wise, and looks as well! Who cares about flight level 550! :)Maybe I'll just announce that now I don't need FS9 anymore, and plaster it over the forums! :-lol Have a great holiday weekend!L.Adamson

i think people get to excited in these forums, its just a game peoples, enjoy your break and flight sim for that matter FSX or FS9RegardsWayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Guest PARADISE

You forgot to ask him about the Airmass. :-hah John M

>You forgot to ask him about the Airmass. :-hah >Must be something you have to "buy" for FS9! :-lol L.Adamson

>i think people get to excited in these forums, its just a>game peoples, enjoy your break and flight sim for that matter>FSX or FS9>We've been doing this for about 10 years! To old to break old habits! :)L.Adamson

Guest PARADISE

I can " Actively" say that the "Sky" is the limit._:-cool John M

I have to agree with Dillion this time L.Adamson.We all get it by now, you think FSX is the best thing since sliced bread. Who really cares?? It seems to be just you. And by yourself with your endless and most of it pointless rambling you keep the threads going.Just consider us all ignorant to your real world pilot savy and fly away.Whew, got that out of my system. Everyone have a wonderful Holiday Weekend and Season, and be safe!!!Edit: Third picture in the post up top L.Adamson. Where exactly is that?? I would like to compare with both FSX and FS9 for myself compared to your FSX.

Guest FxF3

:-) Let them play with their toys L.Adamson. I'm just glad they are moving this threads out of the FSX forum now and:-jumpy putting them back in the FS9 forum where they belong. Glad you got Fs9 to fall back on if FSX is not working out for you.

Guest Turnbull2000

Not motivated to buy FSX at all right now. Water effects apart, the screenshots I've seen don't impress me one iota. The sky and landscapes often seem bland and bleak. The clouds in particular look completely artificial.And there's the poor performance that many people report to take into consideration. Don't think I'll bother for a long while.

Guest SilverCircle

>The sky and landscapes often seem bland and bleak. Some areas look really nice while other look cartoonish. And there is definately *way* too much desert :)>The clouds in particular look completely artificial.Default FS9 clouds don't look any better. The thing is, that on most FS9 screenshots you see either Active Sky or FE clouds which are both much better than the default.

"We've been doing this for about 10 years! To old to break old habits!"This is true... It might look heated but for some of us it's all in fun. :-) Have a merry Christmas L.Adamson and a happy new year. I've got to get back to this new Airbus series we'll be releasing shortly (FOR BOTH FSX and FS9). :-hah

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2