Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Tried FSX again but going back to FS9

Guest FSplayer

FS-X is nothing but a joke and a spit in the face of customers such as myself.I am very disappointed with it.

Guest captandy

See my specs below and I shelved FSX as well.I have a laundry list of addons for FS9 and I can maintain a smooth and stutterless experience regardless of FL.Andy

Guest FSplayer

We've got basically the same specification.expect i got a x1900xt....

I shelved it as well, and I have a respectable rig. I got fed up with the crappy performance. I ended up coming to the conclusion of why do I constantly fight and fiddle around with FSX, just so I can fly in an endless Sahara Desert. In L.Adamson's comparison shots, just look at the FSX one. It is just bland sand. A good chunk of the world looks like this, and the Rocky Mountains look like sand dunes. It is just not worth the effort to fly in a world where rocks look like sand, and after you neuter it to get decent frame rates, well....enough said.Bill

LAdamson is allowed to express his opinions just as we all are. It is unfair that someone who posts in a civil manner is taken to task for it simply because he holds a different point of view.I am surprised by the intolerance and hostility that surface in FS9 vs. FSX threads. We flightsim-types are supposed to be the most gentlemanly of all gamers. T'would be a shame for our discussions to degenerate into a Counter-Strike atmosphere where dissenting points of view are censured and lead to comments about the other person's mother.Yes, FS9, for the time being, offers superior flight fun. But that does not mean that FSX, even in it's present state, is without its qualities. I flew around in default FSX yesterday, no tweaks of any kind, settings on high, good FPS, and had a marvelous time pulling off snowstorm landings at Insbruck in lovely default planes with great VCs.Both are great sims. @-@

>>LAdamson is allowed to express his opinions just as we all are. It is unfair that someone who posts in a civil manner is taken to task for it simply because he holds a different point of view.>>of course he is, I think nobody is denying that. it's just the fact that he is forcing his pro-FSX views on everyone in these discussions, I accept the fact that he thinks FSX is the best thing since slice bread it's good to see someone from the "other sim" expressing his positive views about the sim...but both you and him have to realize that for a lot of people this is getting old rather fast, and sometimes just downright annoying. we know according to him that FSX features the "Superior Airmass", we know for him the world looks a lot better in FSX..there is just no need to hijack every FSX vs FS9 thread with it. :)-Sander

Guest GA Flyer

Well said Canada One. Its all about taste and not which is better. FSX offers plenty but without the update(s) that are to be released most simmers cant use it the way they do with FS9.The sailplane in FSX is plenty of fun that no add-on out there offers (with the air tow and the gauges and wing flex) or how about the maule on skis.There will come a day for FSX to shine but not right now. Until then just make your voice heard to addon developers to continue to release software for FS9. Then we should all be happy.Prior to FS2002 every version before it offered many new features to the one it replaced. The move from 2002 to FS9 didnt bring that much but most addons moved over easily and shortly after release. Things like Ttools and AFCAD etc. Then there was 3 years of mind blowing new addons like PMDG, Ultimate Terrian and FlyTampa/Flightscenery stuff. FSX doesnt offer too much more from FS9+addons (more auto gen that you cant use and more visuals that you cant enable) but in time it will be a great platform to enhance. So the conflict that seems to be within most posters are why go to FSX when FS9 presently compares well.Unless ACES adds a whole new element to the next version it will be just more and better of what we have but at the same time a great platform to work from. I mean they've done a great job giving us a very immersive world so far.

I think all those screenshots above are :-erks. You are getting great performance in X Plane and FSX because your graphic settings in both sims are minimal. Your screenshots above prove it. Yes, I know resizing screenshots for the forum takes away some of the crispness but c'mon man :-roll

Guest PARADISE

I agree, and no one is forcing anyone to buy, or use FSX. MS is not going to make FS9 unusable and force everyone to upgrade to FSX. It's all the choice of the individual. No one has to buy FSX to keep enjoying flight simming if they are already content with what they have. There really is no need to keep arguing about which sim is better. The best sim is the one that makes you,and only you, happiest. Just like Bob Marley used to sing... "Be Happy":-)John M

I have both, run both, love both ;)ClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>I have both, run both, love both ;)>Yes, I blew fifty more dollars on FS9 today, but still like FSX a lot! And I spent nearly forty bucks on an addon for FSX, two days ago too. It's just the way it is.L.Adamson

Guest bobsk8

I have trtied FSX twice, and each time I did, it makes me realize how good FS9 is.....

Guest PARADISE

Hi L.Adamson,Still taking jabs at FS9, I see. You "blew" fifty bucks on FS9, but "spent" forty bucks on FSX. Interesting semantics.Just kidding, Have a great Holiday.John M

>Hi L.Adamson,>>Still taking jabs at FS9, I see. You "blew" fifty bucks on>FS9, but "spent" forty bucks on FSX. Interesting semantics.>>Just kidding, Have a great Holiday.>:-lol First I used the word blew for both, but changed it for the effect! :( But at least it was $10 more for FS9! :7 L.Adamson

Guest SilverCircle

>of course he is, I think nobody is denying that. it's just the>fact that he is forcing his pro-FSX views on everyone in these>discussions, I accept the fact that he thinks FSX is the best>thing since slice bread it's good to see someone from the>"other sim" expressing his positive views about the sim...Actually, I think, it depends on what you are doing in the sim. If one likes small GA aircrafts, then FSX may really be the better thing. It has better default terrain (mesh, at least, road traffic, better default airports etc.) and better virtual cockpits. I can imagine that the RealAir 260 must really be a lot of fun to fly in FSX. I only have the FS9 version of this gem and love it. With the better looking VCs and new exterior model features, it can only get better. The screenshot of the VC looks incredibly crisp and clear - probably impossible to achieve that quality in FS9.Also, small aircrafts like the SF260 will most likely not destroy the framerate completely. A PMDG-747 or SSTSIM concorde (both eat a lot of frames in fs9) - well, different story.Running highly complex aircraft add-ons + some other stuff - well, FS9 is the way to go. All my favorite add-ons do currently not work in FSX. That's why, for me, FSX is NOT YET an alternative. That may very well change at some time, but I guess it won't happen in the near future.