Sign in to follow this  
Guest ariel2004

Bumpy Runways

Guest ariel2004

Hi:Although I have being using FS9 since 2004, I am quite new to this forum (not to the Avsim community/web site) and I am not sure this topic was discussed before.I was wondering if anyone has run into bumpy runways during landing and departing. The airports that have these bumps that I know are Seattle Intl. (WA), Portland Intl. (OR), San Jose Intl. (CA), Houston Hobby (TX), but I am sure there might be others. This is very annoying since the landing gear does not retract after hitting these bumps during takeoffs, and it collapses after hitting the bumps during landings.Does anyone know how to fix this?Thanks to all.Ariel:-hmmm

Guest SilverCircle

The bumpiness is caused by certain surface types (I think, it's asphalt or bitumus). Solution: Create an afcad file (or download one, chances are that it will solve the problem) for the airport and change the surface type of the affected runway(s). At least, that's how I solved it, because these bumps can even cause you crash under some conditions.

Hi,I had the same problem, but I was using Ultimate Terrain and I found the problem was with the Adjusted City/Landclass option, as soon as I de-selected that option the bumps were gone.Best Regards

Guest ariel2004

Hi:Thank you for your help. I will try both options and see what happens. Hopefully one will work.Thanks, once again.Ariel:-)