Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Victoria, Canada scenery

Just want to give a big "thank-you' for the folks that put so much time and effort in developing this scenery. What a great add on and its freeware as well. When you add CYYJ-2007 to the area it just can't get any better. Been flying my newly purchased Eaglesoft Columbia 400 around the area admiring this awsome scenery.Thanks guys waht a Great Christmas present for flight simmers.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest neslesman

I've gotta second that. I live here in Vancouver and the Victoria and Vancouver sceneries are about as good as it gets and letter perfect for detail. One of my favourite real life pastimes is eating fish n chips in Victoria harbour or Coal Harbour Vancouver and watching all the sea plane, ferry, kayak and whatever traffic, it's all there just like real and great quality. It's been a lousy Nov/Dec. here for weather this year so I fired up FS9 on a sunny Spring day today and spent most of the afternoon flying the Real Air Scout Amphib all around South Vancouver Island, over to Vancouver, up to Whistler, over the Fraser Valley and back to Vancouver. Practiced about 15 touch and goes along the way.Victoria + is a great scenery and I can't thank Holger and crew enough for completing my "home base" including Victora just as good as it can be.Then there is Misty Fjords, Tongass and anything FS Addons makes, there is none better. A great spot for more Vancouver and area FREE add ons is the Vancouver Landings site that is designed around the Vancouver Plus add on and includes some 25-35 additional and compatible freebies from volunteers. http://vancouverlandings.com/main.php?action=library The Misty Moorings web site does the same for that add on package.Thanks again folks.Edit: Where did you find the CYYJ 2007, I haven't seen that yet I've just got the older one?

Nes,Do a search in FS9 Scenery for "cyyj_2007_v10.zip" by Don Grovestine in AVSIM Files. Also thanks for other freebie site.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest neslesman

Thanks Carl, that made my day even better.

Thanks, folks! On behalf of Holger, myself, and the many contributors to Victoria+, it's your appreciation that makes development worthwhile. Of course, being my own backyard, much of my motivation is selfish.;)In my opinion, Don's CYYJ (2007) is a must-have complement to Victoria+. We worked closely to ensure compatibility. Just remember if you install CYYJ after Victoria+, run the VicPlus configurator once to ensure files are handled properly.And if you do have Vancouver+, you'll get a whole bunch of real-world floatplane traffic in the Victoria+ area. (Vancouver+ has the models and most of the flightplans, Victoria+ the needed AFCADs)Enjoy!Jon