Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Upload size restrictions

I sent an email as below last week and I may of missed a reply.I'll ask the same questions hereWe are in the final stages of our Beta cycle and intend to release our next major scenery on Staurday.We do have a concern and want to nip it in the bud before we run into our usual release nightmares.The file properties of the zip are as follows:99.5 MB (104,423,424 bytes) The question of course is, with your upload file size restriction, will this zip be kicked out? May I also point out and suggest that the limited 100 mb file upload restiction just won't cut it anymore with the release of FSX. The ground tile format is 4x that of FS9 and custom scenries will even be worse and will be in Gigs not MBs. I'm suggesting 400 mbs as a new limit. http://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_jkanold.gif

Guest Binncott

Jim,I can understand what you are saying, however from my point of view and I guess that of a lot of folks would it not be better (if possible) to split your files into several parts.Quite a lot of folks are like me and stuck with dial-up modems and as such a 100MB file is just not even worth attempting to download. I reckon I'd be looking at anything between 8 and 10 hours.Just a thought in support of us poor relations (sniff sniff)CheersBC

I have an associate who has created custom 20cm/pixel aerial scenery for his country in FSX. It's 12 Gigs100 megs downloads in about 7 minutes.Yes, sceneries can be broken down but then the end user has to jump through hoops installing it.One of our sceneries was like that. It has been downloaded over 67,000 times and I can't even begin to count how many emails we recieved because of istallation problems due to the split.http://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_jkanold.gif

Guest Binncott

LOL,Yep appreciate that Jim. You must go with what works best for you. Us poor folks with steam operated telephone systems appreciate all you're doing...........even stuff we cannot download.CheersBC

>I have an associate who has created custom 20cm/pixel aerial>scenery for his country in FSX. It's 12 Gigs>100 megs downloads in about 7 minutes.>Yes, sceneries can be broken down but then the end user has to>jump through hoops installing it.>One of our sceneries was like that. It has been downloaded>over 67,000 times and I can't even begin to count how many>emails we recieved because of istallation problems due to the>split.>>http://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_jkanold.gifI sent you a reply to your e-mail, FYI.