Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI's are Late!

I notice that the AI aircraft run anywhere from 10-15 min late from their 'scheduled' arrival time. I know you can force them the land on time but then they act kind of weird. Is the delay pretty normal? I guess it's not a big deal if you give yourself enough turnaround time. Just curious.

I have noticed this too. They take off late as well. I guess it's "As real as it gets" as far as the ATC part of the software is concerned. I have done a lot of custom traffic lateley and they all take off late I have noted. I guess this really wasn't an answer to your query, was it?Dolph

Guest Phantoms

Re: taking off late, are you sure?I watch and follow AI all the time with the TVB. If they are scheduled to depart at 12:05, then at 12:05 (usually right before 12:06), they file their flight plan with ATC and ATC responds and acknowledges when they read it back correct. Then, they'll back out and contact ground control within 1 minute to request taxi. While they actually takeoff several minutes after they scheduled depart time, it's normal as the depart time in a flight plan is just the time for the gate to be closed (as in real life usually).

Phantoms, You are right. I watched again and the file with Clearance Delivery takes place within a minute or two of the scheduled time. The times in the flightplan.txt do not include taxi time nor line up time. There is probably where the time is lost. ???Dolph

Guest PARADISE

I believe they also struggle with those pesky jetstream headwinds. Making their arrival times late.John M

I think that according to the TrafficTools documentation, the "arrival" time is to destination AIRSPACE, and not touchdown. TTools documents the "@" added to arrival time to 'force' the ai to speed up so as to land more closely to "arrival time".KOQU,5/10:06:06,@5/10:56:33,250,F,8008,KPSMLoyd