Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Thank you for the Falcon 50

Calypso,The link I posted is the only updated version I know of. The lack of landing gear on your current version is indicative of the older version, and the threat of an exploding computer is probably due to something like the FSSound.dll module that's required for compatibility with many older a/c. I'm not sure but it seems like the updated installer puts the module in the modules directory for you. However, you must open your FS9.cfg, buried deep in the bowels of your system, and add the appropriate lines - which are:{OLDMODULES} <=== these are square bracketsFSSound.dll=1Let us know if this helps.Regards,Leon

I made the same observation about six months ago, and wanted a darker vc at night too. Comment out these seven lines in the aircraft.cfg file (under the 'lights' section)//light.9 = 4, 24.50, 1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50//light.10= 4, 24.50, -1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50//light.11= 4, 19.00, -0.30, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50//light.12= 4, 14.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50//light.13= 4, 10.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50//light.14= 4, 6.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50//light.15= 4, 0.80, -0.00, 1.05, fx_vclight_f50Comment out the lines by adding // in front of them as I have done in the example above.Hope you like the results :)regards.

Hi Leon, Thank you for the detailed reply....It helped me realize what happened. I DID, as you suggest, download the 2002 version by mistake-- thus no gear, etc...... BUT the other Falcon 50 I saw in my aircraft list was--- the 2004 version that I had downloaded sometime in the foggy past. I just had forgot about it and hadn't flown it for a long time. So I am assuming that this 'older 2004 version is the same one everybody else is getting now. Amazing what croseed synapses (?) will do.So I'm flying it now and really enjoying it.Thanks again and have a GRRRREAT New Year.