Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FSGenesis

I bought the Galaxy Lifetime and it's been great. All of the US, Alaska & Hawaii 38m or better, Europe, Alps at 19m I think, and bunches of others and it's good for FS9 and FSX (which I eventually will buy :()) Kinda nice not to have to screw with making a purchase for each item--just download whatever, whenever. It's the smorgassboard of mesh!@Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

"I bought the Galaxy Lifetime and it's been great. All of the US, Alaska & Hawaii 38m or better, Europe, Alps at 19m I think, and bunches of others and it's good for FS9 and FSX (which I eventually will buy :()) Kinda nice not to have to screw with making a purchase for each item--just download whatever, whenever. It's the smorgassboard of mesh!@"NoelExactly............Also, i got and email from justin saying they were running a promotion until the 31'st and they sent me the all the FS9/FSX mesh DVD's as part of the package.

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

>Not trying to knock FSGenesis, but you can get good 38m mesh>for the USA with 19m available for the west coast, plus most>other areas of the world at>http://www.fsproject.com/mesh_maps/World_Mesh_MAP.html (19m>West Coast available at>http://www.fsproject.com/mesh_maps/USA19_MAP.html ). And best>of all, it's FREE!IMHO, the 'free' mesh can be more trouble than it's worth. The value of FSG is the 'one stop shop' option and the incredible support and updates / bug fixes etc. Peace of mind and a quality product is worth a lot to me.......Glenn

Guest Phantoms

Raimondo Taburet has been around a while and made many quality sceneries along with mesh. When errors are found, updates are posted. The USA mesh is from USGS-NED 38.2m data.Errors in mesh are usually either a missed area or an incorrect height point. Both of these can be reported and fixed. Saying that freeware mesh is more trouble than it's worth is equivalent to saying that freeware scenery, planes, afcads and AI traffic are more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure Justin is a stand up guy who stands behind his product, but just because something is payware doesn't automatically make it better. I simply posted another alternative that FS users can explore and see if it fits their needs, before spending $100 - $150 of their hard earned money.

>Not to change the subject, but I am buying FSgenesis mesh and>Ultimate Terrain for all of North America. Which is better to>install first; or does it matter?>It shouldn't matter. The only recommendation I have for mesh, UT, or any other large sized addon is to defrag your hard drive often. I would run a full defrag before install, and again after.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Wohaaa,Calm down, I wasn't stating that freeware was bad, just that with FSGenesis, I get mesh from one place, that I know is compatible the world over at various resolutions from buffer mesh all the way down to 19m and even 9m coverage and is all tested and works 100% together.In my personal expereience, (note personal) I have had issues with mesh from mis matched source data. FSG takes this worry away for me.No need to get all worked up................Glenn

Looks like I messed up when I just bought the DVDs yesterday. Didn't know about that deal especially if you get the DVDs and unlimited downloads FS9/FSX for $100 membership. My loss..Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Justin,email has been sent.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Justin,Thanks for all the great stuff you offer. I enjoy your payware and freeware very much. @-@

Guest Phantoms

Gleen, I just wanted to let others know what else is out there and that they can try it for free and decide for themselves if it fits their needs or not. I'm sorry if it came off wrong as I definitely didn't mean it as anything other than constructive criticism.

No problem, I'm sure I could have worded my original message better.You need to be thick skinned these days on this forum anyway!Glenn

Well worth the $100 or $150 for a Galaxy or lifetime membership. Justin will bend over backwards to make you happy and solve any issues. With FSX now out, a membership gets you all the FS9 stuff, as well as all the current and upcoming FSX stuff. When needed, updates are provided quickly and easily. (Note: I have no vested interest other than being a satisfied customer)

A quick note about FSGenesis.I had a small billing error with FS Genesis after purchasing several DL mesh packages this afternoon. I wrote the company, explaining the problem, and received a most courteous response, as well as a correction on my Visa, within hours. This is how all companies should treat their customers.Five Star. @-@