Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FSGenesis

So, If I buy the 150 dollar membership, how long can I get free upgrades? Will it cover till the end of time and for all future releases of FS? Basically till I die.JimCYWG

Guest Binkles

I must admit that I signed up just on the recommendations from everyone who has posted here :)Looking forward to sorting out some downloads.But correct me if I'm wrong - the cd's are free yes (if you're galaxy) I bought the $100 (didn't have $150) :(Thanks for the help.

I was flying over the Genesis mesh of the Yukon (along with UT/Canada) this morning and it brought me right back to my trip there years ago. Took off from the same lake, saw the same mountains, really delightful.Genesis mesh is really the final touch to making FS9 not only a flightsim, but a geographic odyssey. Now if only we could get all of FS9 North America in 9/19 meter Genesis mesh like we can in FSX.

>I must admit that I signed up just on the recommendations>from everyone who has posted here :)>>Looking forward to sorting out some downloads.>>But correct me if I'm wrong - the cd's are free yes (if you're>galaxy) I bought the $100 (didn't have $150) :(>>Thanks for the help.He is running a promotion till the 31st. That is correct.....I purchased the Galaxy and downloaded all of it. Did not know i would get the the DVD's to go along with it until i recieved my confirmation of my order being shipped. Thats when i emailed justin and he told me about the promotion. Got the Dvd's in the mail in 3 day's. Now i dont have to store the downloads and such......Thanks Justin!

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Guest Binkles

Yeah I ordered the dvd's after I joined, and I swear, within 30 minutes had an email saying that he had already sent the DVD's & CD's and cancelled the order.Great service - can't wait to see the world the genesis way.

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah after reading up a bit through this forum post ect, I decided I would order the $150 Galaxy membership.I have never done mesh or land classes before as it didn't really matter a whole lot to me. So I figured I would download the free 38.2 westcoast mesh he has here and was delighted.So I went straight to his website and purchased.Before I was a heavy iron guy flying everything from 737's to 777's and bigger.But since I got all of north america,hawaii and canada covered in his mesh I find myself flying ALOT of VFR bush flights into grass and gravel fields.The changes it makes to FS9 are unbelievable and if I would have known about this "upgrade" of sorts 2-3 years ago I would have already done it.So for any of you wanting the mountains ect in the right place,makes for awesome VFR flights in small planes, I would HIGHLY suggest this as a must have addon.If you aren't sure about making the purchase goto his website or here and download the freeware stuff and check it out.You won't regret this mans fine work...By the way I have no affiliation with FSgenesis I'm just a happy 1 week old customer of his......

Guest Binkles

Yup, I stopped flying iron a while ago, I fly in FSEconomy, and just bought a SF260 (going to use the SF260 from Realair, and going to fly around the world as soon as the disks get here.

I haven't given up on my F-104 (plan to cross Canada with it), but I do find myself spending lots of time in the default (yet custom textured) Ford Tri-Motor weaving slow paths through the FSGenesis detailed mountains. Really sweet flights. Great fun seeing if you can make it over the next rise, climbing like a rocket at 80mph. Also dowloaded Bill Lyons freeware Piper Cub. Wonderful quality, and perfect for relaxed flights that let you appreciate the terrain.Good luck on your around the world flight!

>Not to change the subject, but I am buying FSgenesis mesh and>Ultimate Terrain for all of North America. Which is better to>install first; or does it matter?>It does not matter unless you are also installing the FSGenesis landclass. If you are installing the landclass, UT offers a fix that allows you to sandwich the FSG landclass with UT landclass to give you the best of both worlds.Bob

Can anyone explain to me what i will see different with this mesh? I'm not even sure what mesh does. I installed the freeware puerto rico mesh but i didnt see anything so im not sure what mesh does. I also did not see any before/after pics on the fsg site to show me what a difference this will make. Before i buy i want to know what kind of difference i will see.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest ebk

Yep, I bought the $100 membership a few days ago, downloaded about 4 gigs worth so far, its like being a kid in a candy store, what shall I download next, kinda thing :)Probably the most usefull "sim" purchase, i've ever made!

Ive installed 2 fsg free packages now and i dont see what it is i am supposed to be seeing. What is the mesh supposed to be doing? Yosemite looked no different to me default than it did with the yosemite mesh addon? I hear people raving about this so there must be something i am missing. When i launch fs9 it gives me the box saying it is updating the scenery database so i know that it is working but i just cant see what it is doing.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hi,The just-released US National Landclass Project for FSX probably doesn't need the "sandwich" patch, as it is derived from the brand new NLCD 2001 data, which is much more recent and accurate than the old version for FS2004.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Do you work for fsg? If so can you explain to me what this mesh is and what it is that i am supposed to see that i don't see? I also already have the cloud9 landclass for fsx and i did see a huge difference with that fixing all the US deserts.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup