Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FSGenesis

Wow,I didn't realize I would get this many responses. My wife and I went away to celebrate Christmas with some friends and came back and couldn't beleive the help on FSG. Thanks so much for all that have responded. First,CanadaONe you are the one on a previous post that got me started a few days ago after I had installed the new freeware Victoria + and CYYJ-2007 scenery. You suggested the free FSG Vancover Island mesh. I did download it and installed it. This is what caused me to really see the improvement in FS9.(By the way that scenery is really great and the FSG enhanced even more.)Nes and Bob thanks for your input... Looks like there are several possibilites in the way I invest in FSG (1) Purchase all the "mesh sizes" for the US to take advantage of discount; (2) Consider lifetime purchase or (3) One Year membersip. Not sure of the benefits on the yearly or lifetime memberships. But I can't really speak to that yet since I haven't read about benefits over purchaseing separately. If it will allow unlimited downloads or something similar to that I could understand it would be a good deal and being able to use the mesh on FSX. Not sure when I will get serious with FSX, but think it will be at least another year or so. (to much invested in FS9 and tweaked for good FPS.) I just need to do a little more reseach on the memberships. Not sure but I also may have a problem with HD-space. I have 17gigs remaining but I did purchase an external HD 300gig, 7200rpm 16mb the other day. I now have FSX installed on the external drive. Did not see any hit when I moved it off the internal SATA drive.Maybe I could somehow install the mesh for FS9 on the external drive...Thanks again for your help,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Not to be picky but be sure you realize that "Vancouver Island" mesh is not for Vancouver."No worry, we Canadians know that. Kind of like the Americans knowing that Washington state and Washington D.C. are on opposite sides of the continent. ;-) Carl,Glad you're enjoying yourself! The more us flying and having fun, the better. @-@

I originally thought the Galaxy membership cost was too high initially (I figured I'd *never* get the use out of it). Well, I was sure wrong. It doesn't take long for a mesh addiction to take over. Once you fly using great mesh and landclass, it really isn't the same without it. I'm sure over time I've ended up spending much more than the membership cost. However, you really need to look at where you fly and how often. For me, I stick mostly to Canada and the US, however I love to hit the Caribbean as well. Not forgetting the occasional trip to Europe as well... you can see how you can end up needing lots of mesh. :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Well I went ahead I bought the NA and EU-AF DVDs. Thought long and hard about the membership but I figured I had already spent too much $$ these last three weeks on all the special sales. The DVDs with discount was about $38. So in a pinch to make me feel a little better I still have $62 to spend on more mesh or might finally pick up Active Sky. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, i could not pass it up. After flying in the free Vancouver area and the coments from others, it was just to nice looking. I went with the Galaxy option. Down loading as we speak, Boy, Those are big files.........Question:will this conflict at all with Ground Enviorment?

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Guest Yak Yak

just want to add that FSG is one of the best add-ons for fs9. That 100$ was easily worth the investment.and no, it won't conflict with GEPro, infact, they work super well togther...add in AV6 and you're pretty much set.FSG is mesh (terrain elevation changes)GEPro is texture-feng

I also have AV6, after this 100 buck's my wife say's i better be set! LOL.I don't have the Pro version of GE, will that matter?Thanks for the info......

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

"I also have AV6, after this 100 buck's my wife say's i better be set! LOL.I don't have the Pro version of GE, will that matter?"Ha! Now you'll have to explain the beauty and irresitability of the Andes to her. :( "But, but dear... The mountains are so high and the coastline so close, the 76 meter South American mesh affords a unique flightsim experience. And all the other guys have it."Well, I don't have it anyway. But that $100 membership is looking a bit too tempting. I've bought two $11 programs from Genesis and I see no signs of stopping. After flying over 9 & 38 meter mesh, how can I go back to 600+ meters? Might have to do what you did and get the North America DVD. That would mean I could get UT USA and then, with the other programs I already have, I'd have the whole continent at max eye-candy, which should keep me happy and flying for a good long while.But then I still "need" Active Sky6 of course. Oh my.Don't think it matters to FSGenesis a smidge if you have GE or GE Pro.(Apparently I have been remiss, according to Avsim forum tradition, by not mentioning my name. Apologies. Therefore...)

Well let see now, in the last three weeks I have purchased two new scneeries and one Phantom II, at Cloud9 becuase of a 50% off sale, bought scenery at Aerosoft becaause of a 15% off sale, picked up C130 and F-104 at CS at better than 50% off, picked up the Columbia-400 at Eaglesoft at 30% sale and finally FSG on sale. Do you see a trend here. It looks like I am really gullable if there is a good sale going on during the holidays. I have manuals printed out to learn how to fly these new planes that may take months to learn.. Maybe just maybe AV6 might go on sale before the new year......(LOL) and to think one of the best sceneries Victoria + and CYYJ I didn't have to spend a dime....If the wife checks the checkbook anytime soon I may be off the net for awhile or maybe she will say "honey why don't you go ahead and buy me AV6 (in my dreams)..Happy New Year,Carl

Carl

IMHO, if you haven't experienced FS9 with AS6 you need to spend that $37 right away. It is by far the best addon, ever. I had AS4.5 until recently and thought it was good enough. Boy was I wrong......My 3 year FSGenesis membership is also right up there with 'best money spent' (even though it was a gift!)FS9 is a transformed sim with all these great addons - with great performance too!!Glenn

I've got FS Global mesh installed at the moment, and if memory serves me correctly this is of the 76m resolution. I'm curious how the FS Genesis mesh compares to this? I had a quick look at the FSG website and I see they have 76m terrain for Europe (where I do most of my flying). Is it worth replacing the FS Global mesh with FS Genesis mesh?Cheers.

I can at this point tell you that after installing FSGenisis software, I could not fly around in the FS world without it. It has literally brought a whole new deminsion to my FS9 experiance. Worth every penny!

Ed

Guest Shalomar

Not to change the subject, but I am buying FSgenesis mesh and Ultimate Terrain for all of North America. Which is better to install first; or does it matter?Best Regards, Donald Traill:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.