Sign in to follow this  

Dreamfleet Piper Archer

Hi Can't seem to get any help from FlightSim Network forum, so thought I'd try here on the off chance that someone could help.Anyway, does anyone own the Piper Archer II aircraft by Dreamfleet, and if so, how did you install it? The installer won't recognise the Fs2002 directory installation path on my system. I using Windows2000 Pro.Thanks for reading this - hope someone can help.Jason.

Guest progrmr

Hmm....I do have the Archer, but I never had this problem - and I have Win2k Pro as well.Even if the forum is dead you will get support from these guys. They are very good at taking care of their customers.

Thanks for the reply. I changed my post, which perhaps sounded a bit too critical!! I'm going to try downloading the file again - I think it might be somehow corrupted.Jason

Have you reinstalled FS2002 and not run it for the first time? This happened to me once. I had just reinstalled FS2002 and tried to install the Archer. I had not run FS2002 for the first time to let it build the registry entries.

Yup! That was the problem! Thankyou someone. The Dreamfleet requires some FS2000 configuration files to be present or it won't install. Those configuration files are created after you run FS2002 for the first time! So, you can't install the Dreamfleet Piper on a clean intsall of FS2002 - you need to run Fs2002 once to initialise it!Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Remember too, that DF aircraft like a re-boot after installation so that THEIR registry entries can be picked up and the registrations verified.Had hours of fun with that one!ChasW

Guest Rockcliffe

Welcome to the Archer. It took me a long time to decide to buy it, but now I love it. It's a great aircraft, just the thing for those VFR tours crosscountry.BlairCYOW

Hi It took me a long time to buy it too! Now all I need is some decent scenery for southern Sweden (Scania). The default terrain mesh will do fine, but I need more roads, trees and landmarks to really get going with VFR. I'm even thinking of creating my own scenery.Jason

Thanks Cward14. I'll remember that one.

Same here. Bought it only a few weeks ago myself.When installing, make sure to back up your existing textomatic executable before you proceed!The Archer installer will override it with an older version which is incompatible with ANY later Flight1 product!

Oops. Missed that one jwenting, but thanks all the same. It won't matter yet because I don't plan on buying any more Flight1 products for a while.J

Will only affect you if you have Flight1 products installed before you install the Archer.If you install other products after installing the Archer all is well.