Sign in to follow this  
keenrw

FlightSim Manager error

Hi just a quicky .. how do i get the latest version of Fligtsim Manager as when i load up mine it says there may be a newer verion on the web site but i cant get onto it .. and the program wont run with out it . Chears Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest wayupthere

If im right the one your talking about (RanaInside), the author has stopped supporting/making it, for it to work set you clock back like for examp. a year, run the program, and put the current date again once finished. Its a bit of a workaround but that works fine.. hope that helps

Just in case someone is not sure where to easily change date and/or time I go to MY COMPUTER ==> CONTROL PANEL ==> select DATE & TIME then change the month from (now) December back to November then apply and OK . Use the FS Manager ( Ver 2.8.5) as I always have but remember to change the month back after I've finished. Gary

Guest wayupthere

Easier to just double click on the clock itself ;)

"Easier to just double click on the clock itself"Doesn't all this going backwards and forwards open up a time paradox issue? Go too far back, and when you set it forward again your computer and pet cat never existed? :)

Try this: Cut and paste the following text (between the dashed lines)into notepad and save into your Flightsim Manager folder as a batch file (suggest fsmstart.bat). This is designed for internationalized dates in USAian format. should be easy to edit for your local settings though. then put a shortcut to it on your desktop or wherever you like.Batch file script follows:-----------------------------------------------------------@echo offREM Get useful date out of Windows XPREM Set to same date in year 2005 ver 1.0REM Set a local scope for the following variablessetlocalfor /F "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%i in ('date /t') do ( set DayOfWeek=%%i set Month=%%j set Day=%%k set Year=%%l)echo.echo.echo Date: %Year%-%Month%-%Day%echo.date %Month%-%Day%-2005FlightSimManager.exedate %Month%-%Day%-%Year%REM End the local scope for variablesendlocal-------------------------------------------------end of textscott s..

Wonder if anyone knows the changes to Scott's batch file for the UK English date format?I have tried several variations to match the day-month-yearformat without success.John Rooum

I'm sad to hear this fine program is no longer being supported. Thanks for the info.

Guest richpress

Downloaded this file. Works a treat.Correct time is reinstated after 5 sec.Congratulations you have posted the best solution to this problem yet.Richard