Sign in to follow this  
Guest rpjkw1155

Need Help with Edit Voice Pack

Guest rpjkw1155

Had a minor problem with FS9 and reinstalled. Now Edit Voice Pack 3.1 won't update. The bar gets about half way and an error box says an existing file cannot be updated, so it exits. Worse, FS9 is back to the default list and very S L O W talking controllers. I tried to uninstall EVP, then reinstall. No joy. I also can't open EVP's site.Can anyone help, or advise what I should or should not be doing?Thanks in advance.Bob

Bob, as I understand it, EditVoicePack is currently not providing updates for FS9....but, I have heard they may be contemplating an FSX update.Anyway, I assume you did not save any of your files? Unfortunate, as you may have lost the opportunity to get the last complete modification files. Can you get it to install anyway? Thus run the accelerator?Unfortunate, as you probably could have backed up your file prior to a re-install.EDIT:Hey, I just opened my program and backed up my file. Zipped, it is about 2.5MB. If you want, PM me with your real email address, and I'll send it to you. That may at least get you back up and running.

Guest rwooton

Well, that certainly sucks.All of a sudden, I am getting an ATC.DLL error everytime I come near a major airport, and I went to EVP to see if the latest update might take care of it. No joy.... can't find the site either.Why in the world would they just dump so many users????Rick Wooton

Dont panic SirWhat you have to is open the edit voice pak Help files and i think it is the section for Damaged voicepak or suchlike.I have done this now so many times and its easy once get the hang of it.Briefly i think it goes something like this....You have to open the sound folder in FS and remove a file called something like Big voice GYP and also accelerated Gyp(You must use the help file as i may be a bit rusty on the detail)You then have put your FS9 CD2 into your Rom or DVD drive whichever you use(I think its cd2)there you will find to files BIG Voice GYP and Small Voice GYP You then copy the one you want(big for ten pilot voices)and small for five you then put that in your FS9 sound folder and THEN you run Edit Voicepak again and it should run all the way through without stopping with error message.And then you should be up and running again with Sped up ATC PS edit voicepak Help has the two files round the wrong way IE they tell you choose the Five for ten and ten for five but its the other way round if want Ten pilot voices.If this all sounds a bit confusing i apologise BUT it WILL work you don't need any updates from Edit voice pak.Finally as i say Its all in the Help section, don't try it as i have described as i may have got some of it wrong.I have done it so many times and EDVP always works again.Let me know how you get on.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi,If you are talking about the web update, Lars has been having server trouble and this could be the reason. I notice the web page (www.editvoicepack.com) will not load either.If you are talking about updating the voicepack from within the program, that is something different. As stated above, you must remove the corrupt GVP files and replace them with a fresh version from your FS CD. Then run EVP and modify that voicepack.Remove all GVP files from the FS9 SOUND folder, except the one with ASOS in the title. Store them away in case you need them.Then copy the EnglishBig (etc.) .GVP file from the FS9 CD to the FS9 SOUND folder.Now run EVP and update again.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest rpjkw1155

Thanks Tom and Andy for the additional information.I was able to find USEnglishBig.gvp and USEnglishBig.gvp.evpORG in the FS9 Sound file. I moved them to another folder outside FS9. However, I wasn't able to locate the two files on FS9 discs 2 & 3. I used search, but came up empty. What am I doing wrong?Bob

Hello AgainWhat you have got to do is put the CD into the ROM or DVD drive.Goto my Computer and you will see all your drives listed(as icons)right click on the rom drive that FS9 CD2 is in either click open,or explore and it will show the files that are on that CD(its definatly CD2)the file you want is in the zip file..MSGAME5 open it with Win Zip or the XP Zip thing and there you will have the Big GYP(Ten voices)Extract to FS9 sound folder, or temp folder if you prefer and put in(the FS9 sound folder) manually if you want.Run Edit voicepak again and Voila !no more ms default dirge ATCCheers AndyLet us know how you get on.PS you have to go through this procedure every time you do an FS9 re-install.but it becomes second nature after awhile.

Guest rpjkw1155

Thanks again Andy. I'll try as soon as I've downed a dozen cups of coffee. I've had FS9 loaded since it came out and I've never had to do a reinstall. Turns out I didn't have to reinstall this time; I just wasn't thinking straight. Talk about overkill!:-) Anyway, I'll let you know.Bob

Guest rpjkw1155

Worked like a champ, Andy! I've made a few notes so should I have to reinstall in the future.....When I opened Disc 2, I recognized the territory; I'd been there last night. I simply failed to extract.Thanks to everyone for the education. Hope ya'll have a happy and great new year.Bob

>Thanks again Andy. I'll try as soon as I've downed a dozen>cups of coffee. I've had FS9 loaded since it came out and>I've never had to do a reinstall. Turns out I didn't have to>reinstall this time; I just wasn't thinking straight. Talk>about overkill!:-) >>Anyway, I'll let you know.>>Bob I know that feeling....Anyway Its always nice to help out with a problem that you know can be solved because these things can be increadibly frustrating and you know what a fellow simmer is going through.For instance i have just had a CTD on a flight from Egnm to Egll and its the first for ages and i dont know why agghh!but we love for all that.cheers Andy