Sign in to follow this  
ohanmer

A couple of basic questions...

Hi folksThis is my first post on this forum. I've been picking up a lot of very useful information browsing through your contributions over the last couple of weeks. I have a couple of basic questions and would be most grateful if anyone could help.1) Where is FS9.cfg located? I have searched the Program Files directories high and low and just cannot find it.2) A lot of you are quoting various FPS rates and some of the screen shots show text information at the top of the screen. How do I show or know what my frames per second are?Sorry if this elementary level stuff. Appreciate any feedback.All the bestOscar

Hi,1) Your FS9.cfg is located in: ..Documents and settingsyour inlognameApplication DataMicrosoftFS92) In FS, press SHIFT-Z twice and you will see your frame ratesAlso check this forum, it contains a lot of usefull information (Both FSX and FS9):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=177

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi Oscar,Welcome to AvSim. :-wave 1. Microsoft decided to bury this file. You'll find it here...C:Documents and SettingsYourNameApplication DataMicrosoftFS9.It's easiest to create a shortcut to it.2. Press Shift+Z. The second press will display the current FR together with the locked value. You might find you get smoother performance by limiting it to 30fps but that does rather depend on your processor and graphics card.If you don't see detailed FR values in there you need to add the following to the {MAIN} section of FS9.CFG...AVE_FRAME_RATE_DISPLAY=1Do this without FS9 running and when you restart it should show it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray & EgbertThanks for the prompt replies. That's exactly what I needed to know...no wonder I couldn't find that pesky config file!Now I know where fs9.cfg is and how to evaluate my frame rate, may I ask if there is a core set of tweaks to apply to the fs9.cfg to maximise performance. I could just wade through the forum, but you experts have doing this for years and it might just take that long to pick up all the threads. I don't have a specific problem at the moment...but for all I know I could be operating FS9 on only three cylinders!I'm using FS9.1 with: FS Global SE MeshTraffic 2005Radar Contact 4.2Flight Deck Companion 3.5At the moment I'm exclusively flying:DreamFleet 727 WhisperJet V2 Aeroworx B200 V2My system specs are as follows:AMD 64 3800+nForce4-A939 Mother Board1Gb RAMnVidia GeForce 7600GS Video Adaptor with 256MbRealtek AC97 Integrated 5.1 SoundXP Home SP2CH Yoke and PedalsFrom what I've picked up on the various forums, my wish list for further add-ons would be:FS Genesis MeshGround EnvironmentActive Sky 6Any help to get me started in the right direction would be appreciated. I love this whole world of flight simulation and I feel (with a lot of help) FS9 does a pretty good job. I would just like to maximise the experience.All the bestOscar