Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Force Feedback 2 Return to Center Problem

I'm just wondering if anyone out there might be able to shed some light on a problem I've been having with my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 joystick.When using it in FS2004 it no longer will 'return to center'. I remember (probably two years ago, or so) doing something to disable it but I can't for the life of me remember what I did. When I go to the Control Panel and select it from Game Controllers, there is supposed to be (I think) an option for return to center. But not so on mine. Seems I remember having some kind of Sidewinder software installed but I no longer have that either. I thought of reinstalling the drivers for it but I can't seem to find a driver for it for Windows XP anywhere online.Maybe I disabled it in FS9.cfg? Or perhaps someone knows where I can find the driver?Any ideas? Thanks in advance...- daniel

Here it is:-http://www.driverfiles.net/Game-Devices/Mi...88,138,24,.htmlJust do a Google search if this one doesn't work. There's lots there - probably the manual, too.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Unfortunately, this looks like a driver for the Force Feedback Wheel, which I think is for racing games, not the Force Feedback 2 Sidewinder Joystick. And anyway, like any other search I've done it ends up in a dead link, or a link to a program that you have to download to get whatever it is there (hopefully a driver, but if not - who knows?!).What baffles me is how hard it is to find a simple driver. You'd think Microsoft would host them but I can't find any anywhere.Thanks for your response, though.Guess I'll try Google again...- daniel

Still using a Force Feedback 2 (going strong after a good amount of years!) I've got the original set up disc along with the update which brings it up to the most up to date version of 4.0.I've made an iso of the software and of the update (the update not being big). Rar'd up they're 311mbs.. as MS no longer offer driver support I doubt they'd mind if I sent it to you.. :) You can mount the isos or burn them to disc so you'll have new sets. If you're still interested give a shout and I'll upload them to a file hosting site.Edit: Just rereading the thread.. there is no XP version of the driver but the pre XP one works just fine.. so if you still have the Win 98 disc use that.