Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Active Sky 6-- Is it my destiny??

Hello All!How important to the overall experience would you say Active Sky is? I've been thinking about getting it, but I always decide not to because I end up thinking that improving the weather really won't enhance things greatly. Should I reconsider? I think it must be in my destiny to own the program, because just the other day I was flying from Miami to Tampa on VATSIM, and another pilot sent me a private message and just asked, sort of "out of the blue" (pun intended) if I was using Active Sky (and I happened to be thinking about it at the time!). I just wanted to get some other opinions about it before I decide to take the plunge! Thanks!Paul

Guest PARADISE

I don't know if it's your destiny to get Active Sky. Only you can decide that, but it is a great improvement over the stock FS9 weather. If you're serious about making sim flying as realistic as possible then Active Sky will only help. And, you will rarely see a negative post for it in the forums.John M

agree. . . it's a must-have for me, too.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Active Sky is more than just amazing. You can tailor many different aspects of the weather and environment that it's more than just a minor enhancement to MS Real Weather. The bonus is the fixes for MS RW bugs.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I have a question. Suppose I have Flight Enviorment. FS now downloads the real weather. What will Active Sky do that the regular FS program won't do considering I have Flight Enviorment? Just so you know I have ASV but always wondered this.jimCYWG

>I have a question. Suppose I have Flight Enviorment. FS now>downloads the real weather. What will Active Sky do that the>regular FS program won't do considering I have Flight>Enviorment? Just so you know I have ASV but always wondered>this.>>jim>CYWGWith Flight Environment, you can choose to either use those textures (setting them up within the FE program) or letting AS6 use its own textures. You can check both sets of textures out and use the ones you like best. If you want to stick with Flight Environment, you can just not use the AS6 ones, or vise versa.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

@ Jim,I have FE too and still use it over ASV6 textures.It's the core weather programe in ASV6 that rocks. More accurate and updated weather with too many enhancements to mention here.Too bad they didn't have a demo. It took me a long time to get convinced about ASV6 but finally I picked it up after so many testimonials and I'm not sorry at all. Dare I say I would not fly with out it.

Guest Paul Heaney

A MUST Have IMO. You won't regret it. I don't fly without it.

You fly Microsoft Flight Simulator, you use ActiveSky. To do any less would be to buy a Picasso Painting and then put it in a frame from Walmart!

I generally do not like running other programs alongside fs9, hence I too was on the fence a loooonnngggg time.My atmosphere was utterly transformed by AS6 - I never fly without it now - not ever.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

must also chime in,i used FSmetar for a loooooong time,but a few months ago i bought Active Sky.i will never fly without it now,it is really the best program out there,and yes,it DOES transform your sim.support is excellent.the program itself shouldbe on the computer of every flightsim pilot.CheersJP.

Guest macman4

I have them both,FE and AS6. My ? is is there a setting to just let me use the water grahics from FE and then use the sky and clouds from AS6. Bob

Thanks for all of your replies! I've got the credit card in hand, and I'm going on over to the website to get it! It guess ActiveSky was in my destiny, after all...Paul