Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

A question about mesh

Up until now I haven't thought about using mesh. But now that I am I have a question. Lets say I am using a mesh for northern Italy and I have addon airport scenery for that same area. should the mesh be above or below the airport scenery in the scenery library? Or does it even matter?

Shouldn't matter, but I think conceptually people like to put mesh at a low priority, tnen other terrain, then scenery objects including airports.scott s..

To be precise, in FS9 mesh works in a reverse priority order. That is a lower number = higher priority.Typically, this won't matter as most times mesh will or can be installed to the FS9/Scenery/World/Scenery folder as the FSGenesis auto installer does.The only time you need to be aware of it is if you have 2 different sets of mesh at the same resolution. For instance, FSG Alaska mesh package is at 38m resoluion, but Tongass Fjords, an addon within Alaska ships with its own mesh, also at 38m resolution which is specific to the scenery.Therefore in this case, you would create a folder in the scenery library and put the FSG mesh at a higher priority than the Tongass Fjords scenery, therfore forcing FS to use the mesh supplied with Tongass Fjords.As far as airports go, unless the airport scenery contains its own mesh, then it shouldn't be a problem.Hope I explained myself well enough - It can get confusing!!Glenn

Thanks guys! And yes Glenn you did explain it good.In case you are wondering I am installing Holger Sandmann's mesh for the Canadian rockies, Austria, Italy, France, and Switzerland.

Guest neslesman

You will be astonished at the improvement. FS Genesis has about 20 free sets on their web site, take advantage of them. Vancouver Island at 38M is a fantastic package and the price is great ......free.

I don't know where any scenery goes above or below. I just downloaded the Vancouver mesh and put it where the read me says and voila. Was it nice. The flight looked amazing. The only mesh I used before was when we used to make whiskey.JimCYWG

>You will be astonished at the improvement. FS Genesis has>about 20 free sets on their web site, take advantage of them. >Vancouver Island at 38M is a fantastic package and the price>is great ......free.I am planning on downloading those free FS Genesis mesh files. I just love the stuff I downloaded from Holger Sandmann. I just finished a short flight to Chambery France, and with the mesh it's like night and day! The default mesh is like little ant hills compared to this new mesh!I don't know why it took me this long to install any type of mesh.