Sign in to follow this  

Samdim's new An-22 Antaeus

Guest Dominik Mann

Jeezuz, how long have I been waiting for an up-to-date model of this airplane! :D :D :D Hope there'll be plenty repaints of this one soon!I do have a minor issue with this plane, though - when I select it and launch a flight, it will fall on its tail, as if the centre of gravity was off. Did any of you have the same problem?Just this little finishing touch, and I think this plane stands a good chance of entering my top-ten list! :-hahCheers,

Guest danowat

Hi,Yep it certainly is a nice plane, I also noticed the C of G thing, It looks cool rocking backwards and forwards on it's suspension when you give it some gas :)Maybe there will be an update to cure it.Dan

It falls back so gracefully, it's rather an incredible sight, with all those props slowly turning; like something out of a movie. But yes, it needs fixing.Whilst deliberating this earlier, I was surprised to see a little AI Piper come up behind this leviathan and promptly taxi straight through it for takeoff. As I have "crash" enabled, maybe that's something else that needs tweaking!But man, is she impressive. She was THE lady missing from my Antonov hangar.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

I was just browsing the flightsim.ru forums (with the help of Babelfish :D ) and noticed that Dimitri had announced his Antaeus over there. However, he remarked that he had no time to prep some accurate flight dynamics right now, and had thus used those from one of the default Boeings - which I think explains why the aircraft.cfg defines the engines as jets instead of turboprops, and why the -22 will happily exceed 500 knots as it is ;-) . But maybe one of our AIR file wizards might take a closer look at this.In spite of that I agree with you, Mark - this was one of the aircraft I had sorely missed until now :-jumpy .

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, after some thinking I came up with the following temporary solution. I downloaded one of the older FS2000 An-22s from flightsim.com and extracted only the AIR and aircraft.cfg file from the ZIP file. I then copied these into the FS2002 An-22 folder as they were, copied in the aircraft identification section from Dimitri's original CFG file (so that I would be able to find her in the selection menu ;-) ), launched FS and selected the Antaeus for a flight. After the flight had loaded up and the plane was sitting on the runway, I exited FS and then did some more tweaking - especially as far as weight definitions as well as contact points and light positions were concerned. Remember, when you first load up an airplane which was originally designed for FS 2000, FS 2002 will automatically write all the information into the aircraft.cfg file which will not normally be found there in FS 2000.As a result, the Antaeus in my FS directory, while still being a "jet" by her AIR file, now handles a lot better, and will no longer exceed Mach 1 even at full throttle :-lol .It's not perfect, but it'll do for now :-) .

Guest danowat

That sounds great dominik, If it is not to much trouble I would also like the mods danowat32@hotmail.com.I am sure that I would struggle to achieve anythong good.Thanks in advanceDan

And instead of supplied panel I use new Il-18d's one. Got it from avsim.ru

Hello, Nice job, would you mind sharing it? I'm sure I couldn't do better. mail to aguiar@openline.com.br Thanks a lotFrancisco Aguiar

Francisco Aguiar

Guest Jack

Please, another copy? It may be quicker for you to post your revisionshere and the class dummies can just copy them.Either way, a hearty "thank you" for helping us fly a beautiful ship.JackDjjdecker@atlantic.net

hi guys. all i did was add fuel to the forward center tank and empty the rear tank. balances it out nicely................ jed