Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

Simflyers work in progress

Looks to me as if simflyers is pretty much out of business. Last update for their Boeing scenery is from September. Oceanflight has bargain binned some of their airports. ricardo

Guest GA Flyer

Could be but hope not. On their homepage the last update was in Oct and many of the airports at Oceanflight have been with them way before that as well as some of those airports are very dated and were released in a smaller bundle prior to the oceanflight offering.I believe they are cutting away old stuff and creating new item that come closer to par in looks to other addon scenery. Simflyer stuff has been known to offer good detail but at a price on frames in the past however with todays hardware you can run it and enjoy it as well. With nothing negative to say about them we would only benefit by having more companies out there developing good addons.So I do hope they are going to release BFI (for FS9) and future releases as well. Additionally hope that they updated there skills to provide even better frames.

HelloJust have look on EBay for WorldAirports 1 and 2That will get you all of them cheaplyThey are all running great for me with no stutters.

The sceneries that are no longer available through Simflyers are those that another dev made. That dev has since started ImagineSim and is now offering his old work through the OceanFlight website.At least, I think that's it. ;-)

Mike...

JustFlight is selling the World Airports 2 CD with a free original World Airports, which includes about 15-20 of SimFlyers' FS9 sceneries. They're not up to Cloud9 or FlyTampa standards, but still nicer than default if you have a strong enough system to power though the inefficiency.I think the main developer of SimFlyers departed their company and started Imagine Simulations...those sceneries (KDEN, KDTW, KMSY, KCLT, KEWR) are decent.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest GA Flyer

Not to long ago someone posted on how today top of the line hardware can bring back old scenery with new life since it can now be used without bring the sim to its knees like Simflyers airports.That got me thinking and I went to their website to take a look at what they have. I really want their Houston airport but they dont offer it anymore. Does anybody know where I can get it? Or why its no longer available? My guess is that they have updated the way they design and dont want to make people think all their software is like older stuff kinda like how FlyTampa has legacy stuff. Good stuff but not fully prefomance enhanced.Aside from that I looked at what is under development. It appears they are still at work which is great news because the more developers we have the more scenery options we have but it also appears that they are updating the way they develop and their scenery looks to be more on the lines of FLightScenery and FlyTampa in appearance. They are doing Boeing Field and it is looking great. Will work nicely with all the other stuff I have in that area of Georender, FlightScenery and FlyTampa for sure. I do hope they are making it for FS9 and we see a prefomance boost from their prior airports.If anybody knows where I can get their IAH scenery I would great appreciate it.

Cal Lewin left Simflyers to start Imaginesim. Imaginesim's first few sceneries ate frame rates for breakfast. His newer stuff is more optimized and less intense on frames. Simflyers still has Raffael working on BFI but he has been working for I think over a year on it. Simflyers was king of the hill back in the FS2002 days but sadly they have lost their footing and never seemed to get it back. Really the only good design houses left is Flight Scenery (though his releases are a long time between products), Fly-Tampa, Gary Summons, Areosoft, Simwings and Imaginesim. A new dev is coming on the scene this month with his first release being Atlanta's airport. It looks to be of Fly-Tampa quality so hopefully he can join the ranks.

Eric 

Aerosoft is a publisher and vendor. They have several teams affilliated with them including Sim-Wings and Fly-Tampa (Mega-Vienna is one of F-T's).In general I have purchased several Aerosoft scenery collections and special bundles and have been very satisfied. Aerosofts CD collections usually provide oversize Jepp or local charts with procedure and airport parking/layout charts in an oversized printed booklet, a nice feature.

Guest fokker70

Do you have a link for the new dev with the Atlanta airport as that's the first time I have heard of it.thanks.Happy New Year

>Really the only good design>houses left is Flight Scenery (though his releases are a long>time between products), Fly-Tampa, Gary Summons, Areosoft,>Simwings and Imaginesim. A new dev is coming on the scene this>month with his first release being Atlanta's airport. It looks>to be of Fly-Tampa quality so hopefully he can join the>ranks.I would definitely include Cloud9 in this group...their KDCA and KLAX sceneries for FS9 are very good. Don't have their EHAM or KORD (FSX) sceneries.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, yes I forgot about them...I would include them as well.About the link, sorry, he does not have a website yet. I have seen some pics and talked with him elsewhere. Should be out this month though.

Eric 

>And their FSX only (unfortunately)>scenery is KMCO not KORD.Yes, you're right. ICAO dyslexia strikes again...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile