Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

If I could design scenery...

Guest GA Flyer

This is what I would do: I would create a fly-in community like Spruce Creek in Florida near Daytona. But I would custom develop it.Heres how..First off for those who dont know about Spruce Creek it is considered the best/biggest fly-in community in the world and has many homes but also the way the taxiways are made you have them between the back of two rows of homes with the hangers in the back and the street for cars in the front. Its an amazing place and all the homes there are equalling amazing.Anyway, I would develop a website that auctioned the houses and lots prior to the general release of the addon. I would determine which homes will be custom made and which would be general homes like 50/50. As I developed the custom homes I would put them out to auction like on ebay showing what they look like and where they are in the scenery. Whoever is the highest bidder on it would get the house and one of two things would be an option. One for no additional cost would be to "close" the hanger door for the general release so no one else to "park" in the hanger or at the house except the rightful owner or instead of a closed door for an additional cost I would custom put the owners airplane in the hanger. That would be a floating cost based on the owner and what the airplane is.Each custom house would be labelled so when you taxi around you know who has bought which house. This would be the cool part because users in this forum and others that you know would then be able to showcase their spot in the community.Once all the custom homes are sold then the release would happen where a special version is sent to all the custom owners and another to the general public. The difference would be that in the custom version the users could park in their hanger of the house they bought and the general public version would not be able to since it would have a closed hanger door or opened with a plane in it.The price of the addon would be very low and the custom homes would be done by bid so demand would determine the cost. Once a few users had their spots and others started to know about it then it might catch on and you might want to be neighbors with someone or the design of the house would make it very appealing to you. comments?

Guest JTEK99

Really a rather novel idea and there's some great detail there. It would be very interesting.For me, however, it would be too much of "Keeping up with the Joneses".... I already have to do that in real life. :)

Guest GA Flyer

Marketed correctly I feel it would bring a very personalized feel to the sim. The beauty is that it doesnt even need to be done to replicate any real world fly-in. Plus if the first release is a hit then another flyin community could be done else where in the world.Think about this for a second...what would it be like if in the next release from FlyTampa or FlightScenery you could have your own place that everyone who buys it would know it and where you got to put whatever kind of aircraft best reflects you in its hanger. This would be a plus for those with real a/c as that they could put it in there. Then as you taxi to the airport you see others just like you all different in their own right. Community flyins could be arranged as well.I bet if you gave a few of the right people a place and promoted that then it would catch on. I just wish someone would sponsor this idea.BTW of the half of homes that arent custom made they all have a place for the general public to park let it bee on the driveway or in an attached hanger. Almost all of the hangers at Spruce Creek are more like garages for a car (built into the home and are very nicely done not metal sheds). So you would have plenty of transit parking for the general public.

An imaginative and colourful idea.Problem is, the upper class snobs with their Learjets would be moaning about the "guy next door" with the rusty Piper and the spare tires in the yard. What about noise limitations and public disorder? Can I come home drunk on afterburners in my F-104 and park in the park?

I would buy into it, provided it was my home airport where I live. Near the Dallas Fort Worth area. I think, many others could feel the same way. If it were their home airport that was detailed.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest GA Flyer

Manny,Thats the great part of flight sim where you can make any place your home airport. How many people really live near or call Hillsboro their home airport in real life but when KPDX was released many people do now.CanadaOne,The fact that you could have getto slum house next to mansion is part of the fun if that best reflect the owner and they wanted it like that and the developer approved. Heck, make it like Emma Field where on certain weather days everyone is out doing yardwork or putting on a party. Theres no end to how it could be customized all on what the developer wants to do. Like for an extra $10.00 you can get an animated feature like the yardwork or cars arriving for a party or outdoor BBQ.The fun thing would be who has bought in and what they decided best reflects them as you taxi around. Could you imagine being two doors down from Geofa, Larry Adamson or Tom Allensworth (only using those names since most people know the user name) and seeing what they designed as their flyin home. Then having all the animated features as ester eggs so you have no idea what to expect topped off with the detail of a major developer.Total fun and with so many possibilties to expand to different areas. People could have several homes in one community or across the series. Since the custom home version will have an open hanger for only that one person so they can park their a/c in it, in theory a person could buy several homes and then after the release sell the different copies individually for a markup like real life. Or trade homes. I would encourage it if I was the developer and would keep a directory on the website up to date of houses for sell and who owns where.I mean for those who fly the jumbos dont they like to dock at the jetway of addon scenery where the company logo is or in real life the gate number is for that courrier? Well same idea but more personally customized.