Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Voice Buddy? Anyone?

Hi,Are here any Voice Buddy users? Do you like it?Before I consider/buy it, I have a few questions you could maybe answer:1. Does it run on a WideFS PC (i.e. on a 2nd remote PC)?2. How well does it interact with proprietary cockpits like PMDG, LevelD, etc?3. Can it be turned off/on instantly (when talking to VATSIM ATC)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

You could alternatively try the freeware SpeechBuddy 2.2 in the file library (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=94958).The answers to your questions with respect to SpeechBuddy are:1) Most of the commands of SpeechBuddy's FS2004 interface use FSUIPC, so they should also work in combination with WideFS (tell me if they do).2) SpeechBuddy does not work with PMDG cockpits, because they do not use the standard FS2004 controls. In fact, unless the authors of these non standard cockpits provide a SDK indicating which FSUIPC controls/offsets they use to control them, SpeechBuddy will not be able to control them. I have checked on Peter Dowson's forum, and it seems the only way to control PMDG's cockpit would be to emulate mouse movements/clicks, with software as AutoHotKey (freeware available from www.autohotkey.com) or Mouse2key (shareware available on www.wideview.it). I would expect this reasoning applies to the other non standard cockpits (ie the ones that do not use FS2004's standard controls).3) Speechbuddy has three different "push to talk" mechanisms which make it compatible with IVAO/VATSIM, etc.Should you try SpeechBuddy, I would be glad to get your feedback.Sincerely,Tagada

Hi,Thanks for the advice. I downloaded SpeechBuddy from AVSIM but my virus scanner (Trend Micro PC-cillin) gives an virus warning:BKDR_BANCODOR.IMost likely a false alarm otherwise others would have got it as well, but I'm better safe then sorry, so I'll look if I can download it elsewhere.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks will try!

This issue is known and documented in the "anti-virus_warning.txt" which is shipped with SpeechBuddy (which you can read using the ZipDive of Avsim's library).The file "xpSEhook.dll" could raise an alarm, which, according to the author of SpeechBuddy is false. If you still are suspicious, you could delete this file, as SpeechBuddy works without it; although, if you do delete it, I expect that some of the "push to talk" mechanisms will not work properly anymore (hotkey and "caps" key).Sincerely,Tagada