Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

Curiosity about LAGO?

A little less than a week ago I purchased the latest version FS Enhancer 2004 directly from LAGO at their website. Immediately following my purhcase it was stated (after completion of my payment confirmation) that LAGO would email me my ID and registration code within 24hours, nothing happened, so after the 24 hours had expired, I posted an inquiry through their on-site support forum. Still no response, so I have subsequently posted an inquiry (3 additional) over the following 3 days, but again no response!Finally, last night I emailed them direct through their website's Contact Us link. Its been over 12 hours and yet no response.Is anyone aware of a problem with LAGO? Are they no longer providing addons to FS? I do know they collect money from would be customers, like myself, but appear to be unwilling to fulfill their part of the contract. LAGO has always been a trusted author of FS addon products in all my past experience with them, so I can only assume they are experiencing some kind of problem. Any information anyone may have would be helpful to me!Steve (Bear) Cartwright

This reminds me of the Pilot's TriStar, which was supposed to be released for in 2004. They haven't updated their website since September 2005! :-lol. What about AirBleed simulations? They have just disappeared ...... ... :-roll

A little less than a week ago was Christmas Eve. I assume a small operation like LAGO do not have staff working between Christmas and New Year. What were you expecting? Santa to prepare your Key file and email it to you?Peter

Peter Schluter

>>>What were you expecting? Santa to prepare your Key file and email it to you?<<<<Very cute Peter, but the fact is they were quick to jack up my credit card after promising to provide my key file within 24 hours, and now they're 124 hours past that 24 period. I did my part, now I expect them to do theirs. The reality is I have done a lot of business with LAGO over the years and they have always been very responsive and their support has always been second to none, which is why I have been quite perplexed with my inability to get any kind of response from them.The reasoning behind my having posted this thread was in the hope to find out from someone what kind of difficultly they (LAGO) are possibly experiencing and maybe find the answer as to why they have not responded to my multiple attempts at contacting them.I'm a very calm and patient person, but even I have my limits.Steve (Bear) Cartwright

I have heard past accounts of them sort of disappearing for a bit in the past. Although they certainly should let people know if they are going to leave for a holiday with nobody watching the store. If you don't hear anything by the 2nd, you should contact your card and cancel the charge. Also, did you try posting in their forums? Couldn't hurt anyway.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Did you look at the one from Abacus? That one doesn't require the scenery designer to be present to run the scenery..

Lago is obviously dead since quite some time. It is a shame that their webside still invites purchases taking away money from people without supplying the needed keys.You may try their forum at http://forum.videogame.it/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4, but I noticed also there no activities, but you might try to send an email to one of the moderators: click on the name Lazer and use the option to send an email to him, maybe he can help.Ciao, Peter

>Lago is obviously dead since quite some time. It is a shame>that their webside still invites purchases taking away money>from people without supplying the needed keys.>I can't believe they would do such a thing :(. They take your money and give no support .... disgusting :(

There is still the occasional hint of a life form reading behind the LAGO website. Very occasionally. Usually you'll just get an automated and positively useless response to any problem.You might try the side door...the developers of the MADDOG MD-80 sim have their own site http://www.flythemaddog.com and given that they sell their very good product via the same very bad publisher (LAGO) they might be able to provide some insight on a better way to contact them.But...I highly recommend a charge reversal through your credit card company for non-delivery of the product...when enough of those show up, LAGO will start having trouble with the CC companies, and maybe their unmonitored automated empty storefront will get shut down.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>>>...but you might try to send an email to one of the moderators: click on the name Lazer and use the option to send an email to him, maybe he can help.<<<Actually Peter, I tried that last week to no avail! I was hopping they were just out for the holidays, but considering some of the responses I've read in this thread, it looks like I'm beating a dead horse, so it looks like I will have to contact my credit card company and cancel the transaction.Steve (Bear) Cartwright

I thought it would be prudent to post a follow-up to let everyone know that LAGO is apparently alive and well, but has been experiencing some apparent server difficulty recently. I finally received the ID and Install code from one of their monitors and all is well now. Thanks for all that responded though!Steve (Bear) Cartwright

Glad to hear everything worked out good for you. That would be a horrible thing if a company accepts money from someone without holding up their end of the bargain, Never happened to me and hope it never does only because it would be a hassle.Anyways, glad it worked out.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>>Lago is obviously dead since quite some time. It is a shame>>that their webside still invites purchases taking away money>>from people without supplying the needed keys.>>>>I can't believe they would do such a thing :(. They take your>money and give no support .... disgusting :(>My message is no longer valid, seeing that they are still "alive".

Quite odd, though, that the server that is responsible for collecting our money never seems to have a bad day. How can it be these nebulous server problems always only affect the customer support end of the business??I find their response difficult to accept...but I'm glad your problem is now sorted.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case