Sign in to follow this  
Guest fyrestrtr

Synchronizing FMC Plans

Guest fyrestrtr

In FS9, when you fly a third-party aircraft with its own FMC, how do you sync it (for lack of better words) with the FS9 ATC so that you can get proper landing clearances?I've had occasions when other traffic ran right into my path when coming into landing -- and at one point in Heathrow, I was denied landing clearance due to IFR conditions. "Landing clearance denied airport is in IFR".On another occasion, I landed at OMDB, and right as I was touching down, another traffic AC taxied onto the runway and I had a crash :(Thanks, and welcome to 2007!

Just create the same flight plan in the simulators flight planner for IFR and then you won't have any of those problems

Guest neslesman

I had a detailed IFR Star from FS Nav loaded and cleared into my FS ATC the other day while I was flying a Cessna 210. I think it was Gatwick (not sure) with parallel side by side runways and I had high speed jet traffic passing me both on the left and right all the way for the last 5 nautical miles (I was cleared straight in). ATC didn't even acknowledge it and those craft were no more than 100 yards away. I think I got of few screenies of them whizzing by at speed. All in a day's work I guess. LOL.I just ignore that stuff, it's not worth stressing over.

Guest fyrestrtr

>which aircraft are you flying? some FMCs allow the FMC>program to be saved as a FS9 plan. this can then be loaded>into FS using the ATC 'file IFR' option.Is this the only option? If this is the case, then I think I have to create flight plans in some software, like SFP, then export it to both the FS9 system and the FMC of the aircraft, and load it in both?Seems like a long way around?

no other way, that i'm aware, to get FS's ATC to understand your flight as FS ATC does not collect data from the FMC -your options:A) create in FMC, save file, export file, load into FS.:( create in external program, save file, export to FS, export to FMC, load into FS, load into FMC.C) create in FS, save file, export to FMC, load into FMC.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I do not think AI respect STARS too much. Their flight plans consist of schedules (with departure and destination airfields) and cruise altitudes. I do not recall ever seeing waypoints. They may detect and use VORs or other aids in the area if near an airport but that is just an observation.They use standard pattern approaches or straight-in.Runway encroachments while you are on final are a common complaint with FS. So are faster aircraft overrunning you.Radar Contact 4.2 addresses these conflict issues most of the time by exerting influence over air AI local to your plane position during enroute and final. Once you are within about three miles from the runway it freezes ground traffic in the area. It also attempts to slow AI behind you on final. Go-arounds and runovers are significantly reduced.Recent versions of FSUIPC must be used (you do not need to purchase FSUIPC for the limited functionality used by RC). This functionality was required due to weaknesses in the AI engine that were not addressed. RC users requested this because without them interacting well with AI was difficult and go-around/collision prone.

[blockquote]ronzie Mon Jan-01-07 07:56 PMI do not think AI respect STARS too much. Their flight plans consist of schedules (with departure and destination airfields) and cruise altitudes. I do not recall ever seeing waypoints. They may detect and use VORs or other aids in the area if near an airport but that is just an observation.[/blockquote]AI do not fly STARs, SIDs or low/high routes.each airport in FS has designated 'entry points' for incoming aircraft (some of these details can be found lee's traffictools manual). once 'in range' the aircraft follow directions from approach and tower. for airports w/out tower aircraft fly straight-in.AI leaving an airport will be 'vectored' by departure to a 'distance' from the airport. the aircraft will then be told to 'begin own navigation' (or something close to that phrase). AI then fly the 'great circle routes' to their next designation. no VOR to VOR, nor high/low routes for AI captains [;-)].AI 'flightplans' look similar to this -[blockquote]departure apt, departure time, arrial time, cruis alt, IFR or VFR, flight number, destination apt[/blockquote]the positive to this is FS isn't 'wasting' CPU cycles figuring out detailed aircraft routes. remember, each 'FS feature' is more and more CPU cycles. looking at trees, or detailed AI models, or the welds of the aircraft = lower framerates.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks for the AI ops info. I guess the arrival points are in the APxx.bgl scenery files. I'll look at the TTBx manual from Lee. I've neglected it in frequently absorping his AFCAD docs.RC regenerates using just its own voices FS AI chatter and I do recall hearing vectors and "Resume own navigation" comms. I just did not know how they were manipulated in departure/approach jurisdiction but I should have made the connection.