Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Panel for EMB120

That new EMB-120 looks good and there are great paints available. But what about the panel? Which panel do you use?At the file library there is a very basic version by Ronning which is more than 3 years old and he says it

I'm using the Embraer 120 Brasilia Panel by David Mead - I think it's actually a good panel, although I haven't yet figured out to adjust the vertical speed with the autopilot on. It comes with a aircraft.cfg file, but the contact points are for another version, so I use the .cfg file supplied by Eric Cantu.Dale

Dale

Its a nice panel, however I wish there was a center post on the right side.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest JimC1702

I've downloaded and installed three different panels, but each one had issues. Now I'm following someone else's advice and aliasing the PMDG Beech 1900D panel. Works great.I also downloaded an EMB 120 soundpack from here in the library, emb120sndpk.zip.Jim

Dat was me on the PMDG B1900. I upgraded it with RXP Jetline2 EHSI and EADI and GNS530. Not real accurate, but close enough to enjoy this airplane until Dr. Grabowski can update his panel... :-)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

>>That new EMB-120 looks good and there are great paints>available. But what about the panel? Which panel do you use?>>At the file library there is a very basic version by Ronning>which is more than 3 years old and he says it

If Bill approves it for release I'm in the midst of a complete rework of his older 120 panel. Because of some incompatibilities between FS2000 and later FS versions I'm using some of the Kingair gauges which, in my opinion, don't terribly detract from the Brazilia ambiance. Some gauge frames were removed in support of the changes but shading adds back the depth. I've also used a couple of more pop-up panels to include all the original had to offer.If anyone's interested I'm probably 2-3 weeks from completion, and I need to check with Bill as well.Regards,Leon

Guest gmark

I slung one together for FSX that I have been using. Pretty plain but it works. Email if you you want to try it out. Replaces the King Air IFR panel. Uses only stock stuff with a modified BMP panel.GMark

gmark:i'm an FS9 user, my computer ain't up to FSX. i decided to wait for the VISTA & DXx issues to be sorted out before making my computer choice. (plus i really really really dislike VC's (don't like the no 2D side view restriction in FSX ... so i don't even know if i'll go to FSX when i purchase the computer upgrade in ~6 months).)thanks for the offer. i'll see if leon will take me up on helping with the FS9 panel update.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>The long and short of it is that there is currently no useable>good panel for the EMB 120. Plane's in the hangar until>someone steps up to the plate. Well, I guess I'll limber up, swing the bat a few times, and step up to the plate. I might not hit a home run, but I'll be looking for a good solid double.Bill

Guest MNorm757

I think the Mead panel is pretty accurate. The torque values are just a tad off...but nothing drastic. If it had a working Flight Director similar to the one in Bill Grabowski's E145 panel it would be a great panel and a center post it would be near perfect. The AP is a little weird as far as the Vert Speed function...but after a few quick flights its no more difficult to master than Bill's ERJ AP. If someone were to just update the Mead one to have these improvements I'd be set. I used to spend a good bit of time jumpseating on the 120...and the panel seams pretty close. Just my $.02.Cheers!Markus

>>The long and short of it is that there is currently no>useable>>good panel for the EMB 120. Plane's in the hangar until>>someone steps up to the plate. >>Well, I guess I'll limber up, swing the bat a few times, and>step up to the plate. I might not hit a home run, but I'll be>looking for a good solid double.>>BillNah, you've already stepped up to the plate and then some. Would love to see an upgrade of your emb 120 panel, though. ricardo

Happy New Year guys!I just noticed what 321 of you (as of right now) have already found, Horst Paetzold has just uploaded a very nice looking panel for the 120. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchBill, I for one would still like to see what you come up with. Are you still interested in the turn at bat? I love all your other stuff!Earl