Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Panel for EMB120

Guest MNorm757

Yeah...that new panel LOOKS great...but looks aren't everything. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Bill's ERJ panel and other good freeware panels. The photorealistic aspects of the Paetzold panel look fantastic but I'm a stickler for details and Bill and Mead's E-120 panels are more realistic where instruments are involved...especially the engine guages. Details like the flap guages on these two are also a good example of their eye for detail. Too many default guages on this panel by Paetzold...anyway. Bill, you're the man for stepping up to the plate again.Cheers,Markus

Scoob,Thank's for the offer and I would have appreciated the help - however, as you've probably seen below, Bill Grabowski is going to update his panel - and that's what we really want!If you have any experience with his ERJ panel you know his artistry as well as his gauge creation and programming skills. We are fortunate indeed.Thanks again,Leon

Why is that some folks always have to tear down someone else's freeware effort. Horst's panel is a vast improvement over aliasing Eric Cantu's model to the default King Air panel. First of all, you get improved 2d sideviews and a cabin view. Secondly, the author clearly states in his readme file that he is only offering a VISUAL improvement, i.e., default King Air gauges around a photorealistic EMB 120 panel bitmap. I, for one, am greatful for his efforts. The EMB 120 is now fun to fly.ricardo

Guest MNorm757

Interesting that you think I was 'tearing down' his freeware effort. I think you're being a little over-sensitive. The Mead and Grabowski panels are better if you like guage accuracy. The new panel is good if you like photoreal prettiness. I (again, my opinion) take accuracy of the flying experience over a 'pretty' panel. If you like to fly by the numbers and appreciate accurate Torque, RPM, and ITT values, as well as flap settings, then Horst's panel is not for you. There are lots of different people in the FS community and they place importance on different things. Relax Ricardo, and enjoy the new panel while I'll enjoy a different author's...until Bill updates his ;-)Oh yeah, I'm grateful for Horst's efforts too...I'm just not going to use it.Cheers,Markus

I think that making disparaging remarks about someone's freeware offering is very poor form indeed. Why not try to make one yourself and wait for the comments about *your* efforts?:(

Graeme Butler

Markus:you state you are flying the EMB120 'by the numbers.' what is your resouce for this performance information? i've looked on the net and haven't found a freeware source.would be great to know you source so i, and others, could fly the EMB correctly (within the limits of FS9)i fly the EMB like other aircraft in it's size -- ex.: B1900D.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guys, let's not let our passion for protecting our freeware developers turn this post into a mud-slinging match.I saw nothing wrong with Markus' post. He was just stating that one panel looked good while the others had better functionality and gauges.I can tell you with great authority that freeware developers will have their work evaluated every day. Some people will not like what they see, but I know that most in this community are generally grateful for the work we do. (and as Markus has stated)I know how hard it is to not only develop in this hobby (my speciality is quite easy compared to what others have to do), but to also package the work into an uploadable format, with readmes, pictures, and the process of uploading itself.Let's all hope that all who have taken interest in Erick's great little EMB-120 will continue to develop even more great stuff. :)BTW,If you haven't checked the screenshot forum recently, I just released this one:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164426.jpgEDIT: And it is ALREADY in the library! Thanks again to the Avsim library staff! :)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest edwardpat2004

I agree, we all should be grateful to Paedzolt for his efforts in developing this freeware panel. I like it very much and we should encourage him and the other freeware developers to continue their efforts. THANKS !!!.

Guest MNorm757

Thanks Steve...this is exactly the reason I do not post much on these forums...its tough being constructively critical without people jumping on you.Aesthetically, Horst's panel looks beautiful...I guess I'm just picky about different things. Here's an example, I've changed Erick Cantu's .cfg file so that the flap settings are more accurate. His file was as follows...flaps-position.0 = 0 // degreesflaps-position.1 = 20 // degreesflaps-position.2 = 40 // degreesThis is inaccurate...the flap settings on the E-120 are 0,15,25,45.Trust me on this.As far as flying "by the numbers". I used to work for an airline that flew the E-120, B1900D and the ATR 42/72 and now exclusively the E135/45. I've been lucky enough to have spent a lot of time with people who flew these a/c. I've learned a lot about SOPs from these people over the years. I was also lucky enough to JS a few times back in the day (pre 9/11). There are a lot of resources out there if you look hard enough.Great repaints Steve...do you have a Great Lakes coming? Cheers,Markus

>>Great repaints Steve...do you have a Great Lakes coming? >Yup. ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164436.jpgIf you know where I can get some good reference material for that airline (airliners.net has good pics but what I need are good close ups of the Great Lakes lettering on the plane, or a good .eps file of the font).Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest MNorm757

>This is inaccurate...the flap settings on the E-120 are>0,15,25,45.>Trust me on this....And this would be because the .cfg file is based on the B350...:( The tweaked one in the AVSIM library seems to be based on the old Project ERJ E-120 and it seems to work well.CheersMarkus

whats the file name?Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Markus:[blockquote]>As far as flying "by the numbers". I used to work for an>airline that flew the E-120, B1900D and the ATR 42/72 and now>exclusively the E135/45. I've been lucky enough to have spent>a lot of time with people who flew these a/c. I've learned a>lot about SOPs from these people over the years. I was also>lucky enough to JS a few times back in the day (pre 9/11). >There are a lot of resources out there if you look hard>enough.[/blockquote]what suggestions do you have for flyin' the EMB120 for us now locked in the cabin? ;-)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest gmark

Steve,Thanks for the Comair repaint! This and Dan's ASA and I'm there. So many memories bouncing around in these guys. Now for panels...GMark